ᴠɪɪɪ. coffee

Y/n had been very suspicious of Ei.

When she had next visited the Archon, the woman hadn't immediately asked for a report.

In fact, she hadn't asked for one at all.

Instead she greeted the soldier by asking how she was.

Yes, Ei had asked her how she was feeling.

And that wasn't even the most bizarre part of their conversation. Like old friends, they had gone on to discuss frivolous matters, and Y/n briefly wondered if the Archon was sick.

She had also learnt that Ei loved desserts.

Especially dango.

So a few days later, she stood awkwardly before her once more, this time holding something in hand.

"..What are you hiding behind your back?"

Y/n wordlessly revealed a neatly wrapped parcel, a small smile on her face. Ei accepted it gingerly, pulling on the ribbon to reveal two sticks of dango.

The Archon's eyes widened, and the soldier's smile turned sheepish.

"You see, I couldn't leave Tenshukaku so I made something myself instead.. I hope that this is alright-"

However, Ei wasn't listening, her bright purple eyes fixated on the gift.

"Dango.." She murmered to herself, licking her lips as the result of a sudden dryness.

Y/n simply laughed as she watched the woman take a small bite, trying to keep her composure.

"I won't judge, Ei. Enjoy it to the fullest."

The Archon stayed quiet, so Y/n gave her a more genuine smile.

"It'll be our little secret. Promise."

Ei took another bite to hide her ever-growing blush. Y/n watched her eyes flash like lights, almost being able to imagine the physical sparkles surrounding her body as a soft "mm~" escaped her lips.

Y/n was lost in thought, smiling in pure happiness at her success. She didn't notice Ei come near her until the other stick of dango was being held directly before her face.

"aa~"

Y/n met Ei's eyes, and the woman immediately turned bright red before looking away.

"i-"

She didn't let Ei finish before she pulled a whole dumpling off with her teeth.

"Oh, I see what you mean! These are really good!"

Ei's sparkling eyes drifted back to Y/n's face.

"Are they not? You have my thanks for making the-"

She stopped, her eyes growing wide as she noticed the missing ball on her stick.

Y/n laughed.

"Don't worry, Ei. This won't be the last time I make you dango."

"..Are you certain?"

"Of course. I promise."

The pair continued chatting for a while, but eventually, Ei was left alone again.

She exhaled, raising her head to the sky.

'Sometimes I forget that she's just a human.. Archons, Ei. What was that!? Your behaviour today was unprofessional. Get yourself together, after all, it's just a-'

'...just a lie.'

The words took a while to sink in. It was a truth that she had told herself countless times, yet now, it appeared to cut deeper than before.