ʟ. death

He knew that Y/n didn't love him.

He knew her words were false because his time was running out. But, the more time he spent with her, the more he was convinced that she had also fooled herself. She didn't know she was lying to her heart, for her affection for him was genuine where her love was not.

But, he knew. He knew for more than just the petals; he knew because she subconsciously reminisced about her past. It was Ei whom Y/n loved. It was Ei whom she loved to talk about, Ei whom she unintentionally compared. She cared for him, but they were no lovers. So long as the light remained in her eyes only when she spoke of her, that much would be one-sided.

Kazuha loved Y/n. Unless she was to hide from herself forever, he had to find a way to tell her before he had to go.

✧:・゚゚・

The blue-haired Kamisato princess peeped through the crack to her soldier's room, bored out of her mind and teeming with curiosity. Y/n rushed around; a travel bag lay at her bedside, and she fastened her Vision before the mirror. Slowly, Ayaka pushed open the door and smiled at her friend.

"Where are you going?" She asked, interrupting the soldier and her preparations. Moving from the mirror to her dresser, Y/n barely spared her a glance.

"Watatsumi Island," she answered, and Ayaka's eyes lit up instantly.

"Can I come?"

Unable to say no to her, her friend hesitated, then glanced at the girl warily. "Okay, Aya, but please remember we're solely there for business. I'm going for Madam Kujou Sara, and I don't want her to feel uncomfortable if we act unprofessionally."

"Oh? She is accompanying you?" The blue-haired girl inquired, intrigued. "I can't remember you ever spending time together in the past..."

"Hm... From what she told me," Y/n paused, arranging her hair away from her face. "The Tenryou Commission refused to let her visit alone. You know, just in case the resistance thought it was an invasion and attacked? Especially after a fight broke out and concluded peace talks early last time, yet that's precisely why she wants to experience the island's situation first-hand. She invited me eventually, and apparently, her comrades were reassured."

"Well, it only goes to show how capable you are," Ayaka giggled, smiling at her friend amusedly but retaining her typical grace. "My soldier, I'm fortunate to have you around."

Y/n rolled her eyes dramatically, brushing off the other's playful praise. Though, as she did so, the corners of her lips curled upward. "Princess, I'm serious; we can't get in her way."

"Who, me?" Kamisato Ayaka responded innocently, grateful to be involved. "I can assure you, there is no reason for concern."

She settled on the edge of Y/n's bed and waited for the soldier to gather her belongings, inputting her opinion here and there. When she was done, Ayaka briefly searched for her own, and they were off to Ritou. They'd hardly waited at the port for five minutes when Sara arrived, panting and apologetic.

"I hope you weren't waiting too long." She commented, and the pair quickly denied her concerns. "There was an... incident that held me up at the Police Station."

"It's no trouble at all." Ayaka waved her palms before her face, and Sara raised a questioning eyebrow at Y/n.

"Ah... Sorry. I didn't have the chance to notify you. If it's alright with you, she will be joining us."

"The more the merrier." The general shook her head, then nodded in acknowledgement to Ayaka. "Miss Kamisato. It's been quite some time. I didn't expect anyone of your status to become involved; I apologise if it inconveniences you."