Chapter 2. Remarried Empress

After a nice walk throught the forest, you had held her hand in yours to comfort her, as you still felt her sorrow.

"My dear, I need to go to the church to speak with the one close with god, your priest." You informed her.

"Oh? Why is that may I ask?"

"So I could be able to stay with you freely, without anyone questioning why."

"Ah alright, then let's go."

"Lead the way my dear. If you got tired tell me and I can carry you."

This made her a bit flustered.

After another nice long walk with just the two of you. You made it to the church.

Many people started bowing in respect of the empress and for the person she was accompanying.

"Where is the priest?"

"Looks like he was just about to leave, maybe we can catch him in time before he leaves."

Both you and Navier immediately start walking over to where the priest should be. And there he was about to get on a carriage.

"Excuse me, priest." Navier asks.

As soon as he looks over to the both of you, he recognized you. He bowed his head in respect of the empress and you.

"Ah empress navier, what is it you need?"

"We have come to tell you about G/- I mean Y/n staying with me until further notice."

"This is the goddess G/n? Very well, let's get the paper work done quick."

A few minutes later and Navier has the paperwork that states the goddess G/n will be staying with empress Navier until her work is done.

Hours later, Navier and you had just made it to the palace. During your walk, she told you of the emperor, his mistress, and her stress.

"Fear not dear, whenever you're with me from now on, you shall not have those feeling again."

Once again, she got flustered. Even for only knowing you for a short while, she could tell that you were as pure as they say.

You would listen to her troubles, comfort in any way she would need. She loved the feeling. Although the happy feeling wouldn't last very long.

"Navier where have you been?" A masculine voice called out to her.

Both Navier and you turned toward the voice, his face flushed upon seeing yours. It made you disgusted, now finally seeing the emperor amd hearing of what he did to your first follower in a few hundred years made you a bit angry.

You wouldn't let your cool down however, you could feel the emotions of the feeble humans. He was enchanted by your beauty, of course any human would be.

Gods and goddesses were made to be out of human leagues. Beauty was one of those things, along with wisdom, IQ, strength, etc.

"Who is this Navier?"

Now paying attention to your surroundings, you felt a presence behind one of the pillars, their dress wasn't hiding at all, it was cringy just looking at this person trying to hide.

"This is the goddess G/n, my guest."

In all honesty, you were loving Naviers company. She was cute without knowing how or why. It was adorable to watch the way her head tilts when she's confused.

The only human you could tolerate, was Empress Navier Ellie Trovi.

"G-Goddess?" He stuttered

"What is it?"

"May I ask, why you are here..?"

"I am here for Navier, now shall we get going now? I want to try out this tea you've been talking about Navier"

"Yes, let us go now Y/n"

"You might as well jsut call my my nickname n/n. Whichever you would prefer."

"I would be honored, n/n"

You and Navier just talked while walking away from the awe–struck emperor.

Meanwhile Rashta was thinking of a way to try and befriend you. Having just come to the palace, she wanted to try and make some friends.

Navier had told you about the up–coming new year's ceremony.

There was a thing you gods/goddesses were able to do, you could make a glowing halo above your head. For dramatic effect of course, to show dominance, the brighter the halo glowed, the higher your ranking was.

In your goddess form your halo was as bright as the sun, you also had 6 wings on your back, along with 6 arms, your body was as huge as a moutain, maybe even bigger.

Once news of a goddess being in the castle came out, everyone wanted to visit. The guests that were coming for the new years ball came quicker than expected. Guests started coming weeks earlier.

Navier was so relaxed around you, her ladies-in-waiting were so happy that their empress could finally relax and take a breather from her work.

Deciding to go to the garden with Navier, you found out that she has a swing like chair, being covered as if to hide it.

"So his majesty visits her everyday?"

"I heard he personally brings her meals to her."

"Oh my. Someone as impassive as his majesty? How unusual."

You heard their gossip, and couldn't help to gaze at Navier in worry. She was reading a book, sighing she closed it.

'It's all anyone's talking about lately besides Y/n'

'I should close my eyes and ears to all the whisperings.'

Patting her head in comfort as she closes her book and leans into your touch.

"How about we head inside, we could read one of those little books you like."

'She's right, besides there's no reason for us to sit here and listen to that gossip.'

She nodded her head in agreement, until both of you heard a childish squeaky voice.

"Is that them?"

"Shh! No, lady rashta!"

A girl with long white-ish tan girl is behind both you and Navier, seemingly chasing after you both.

"Oh!" She called out. "Hello!"