Chapter 3. Remarried Empress

'Rashta' looks at you both, waiting for you two to acknowledge her or somthing.

Thinking nothing about it, both you and Navier turned away from her, about to walk away again.

"Oh! H-Hey!"

I am a Goddess and Navier is an Empress. She dares to just say "Hey"?

"We should just leave."

"You mustn't, lady rashta."

The child gets up from the ground, huffing and puffing like a child who didn't get the toy they wanted on their birthday. Walking up to you both she tries to spark up a conversation.

"Hi. I'm rashta."

'What does she want from us?' Navier thought.

"Hello, rashta." Navier answered blankly.

'Did she want me to say her name?I'm sure we won't run into her again.'

Just as you and Navier are about to leave for the third time, this girl should feel lucky in the presence of two powerful women, but no she tries to get both of your attention.

"WAIT!"

She grabs both Navier's and your dresses, to stop you both from walking, she rips the fabric.

"Oops!"

"Oh no." Rashta says trembling.

"Your Majesty! Goddess G/n!" You heard two voices call out.

"HOW INSOLENT!" Countess Eliza shouts at rashta.

Rashta holds her red hand, tears pricking her eyes, "Oh, I-I..."

"I'm sorry... I wanted to call out to you both, but I didn't knos ehat to call you." Rashta explains.

"Her majesty is the empress of the eastern empire! Goddess G/n is the goddess that watches over this world! Watch your behavior!" Lady Laura yells at her.

"Pardon? I-I mean, I know they're the empress and the goddess."

You couldn't mess with the future, so you try to not involve yourself into situations unless needed.

'She knows I'm the empress and that Y/n is a goddess?'

"I'm Rashta!"

"You know who I am?" Navier sighs while rubbing her head

"I'm indebted his majesty for letting me stay in the eastern palace."

'She's a girl indebted to Sovieshu, staying in the eastern palace, and has an injured leg...' both you and Navier think.

"Ah, yes. The slave?" Navier questions.

"A slave, huh?" You scoff.

Rashta flinches, "I-I..."

"Your majesty! Goddess! Please excuse her insolence. But lady rashta is not a slave."

You doubted that. Rumors usually come from the truth, just bended a bit.

"I see."

"But I'm so glad to have met the both of you! I've been meaning to go say hello but wasn't sure when I should."

"Say hello?"

"Well, we'll be seeing more of each other, so it's only right that I introduce myself."

See more of each other? The heaven is this girl saying? You weren't usually so mean but this girl sounded so fake.

"So what should I call you, your majesty, goddess?"

"Call me her majesty the empress."

"Supreme Deity."

"...Pardon?"

Navier turns around, ready to leave already.

"That should do it."

"Oh... wait-"

Laura slaps rashta's hand.

"YOU INSOLENT BRAT!" She yells.

"How dare you act to familiar?"

"You filthy wench!"

"Who are you calling..."

"...A 'filthy wench'?" Sovieshu asks angrily, showing up out of nowhere.

"Y-Your majesty...!" Laura and Eliza bowed.

Sovieshu and Navier glance at each other, before sovieshu goes to rashta's aid.

"Rashta!" he cries out.

You scoff before turning to Navier.

"Are you alright, my dear? Let me take a look at your dress, her hands looked roughed up. I want to make sure you aren't hurt." You asked her softly.

While you're checking on Navier, Sovieshu puts his cape around Rashta as if to protect her while she's shedding tears.

"Oh dear... don't cry..." he cooes.

Wiping away the tears that were falling down her face, he says,

"Didn't I just tell you to stop crying?"

'Just tell? How long and why was she even crying? What does she need to cry about? Never mind that, I need to make sure Navier wasn't hurt.' You thought to yourself.

"I really can't take my eyes off you for a moment." Sovieshu tells her, as she's peeking at Navier from Sovieshu's hug.

Navier felt... sad? jealous?

"Let's go Navier" you tell her.

"Right, we shall take our leave as my feet are aching." She says aloud.

"Do you want me to carry you, my dear?"

"Wait." Sovieshu calls out.

"Stop, empress."

"What is it, your majesty?"

"I'm taking that lady-in-waiting." He says, pointing a finger at Laura.

Sovieshu looks at her with anger written all over his face. Holding a still crying rashta as she tries to wipe away her tears.

"Leave her here with me, empress."

"If you tell me what for, first."

She is the empress, Laura is her lady-in-waiting and the daughter of a high-ranking family.

To punish her because of someone who isn't even his mistress yet... he would publicy shaming her.

And Navier as well.

"No." She says, stepping infront of Laura, shielding her from Sovieshu's gaze.

"She is my lady-in-waiting."