Chapter 4. Remarried Empress

"Yes, she is your lady-in-waiting but, she is also a citizen of my empire." Sovieshu says while holding rashta.

He signals his guards to come over.

"Lock her up for three days." He says.

You look at rashta to see her smirking. Karma will come in due time to those who wait...

"YOUR MAJESTY, THAT'S QUITE EXCESSIVE!" Navier shouts towards sovieshu.

His eyebrows furrow, "Excessive?"

"This girl is injured and under my care. Yet your lady-in-waiting called her a 'filthy wench.'"

Sovieshu holds the still crying, trembling girl.

"But you still think my punishment is excessive?" Sovieshu narrows his eyes at his wife, glaring at her.

Now you are PISSED not only does he have the balls to ignore you, he blames his wife for this ignorant girl.

"Ahem." You clear your throat, making them finally notice you.

"Who do you think you are speaking to?" You say with a dark glint in your eye.

"Have you forgetten who I am?" You ask the blind man in front of you.

He stiffens in his spot, now loosening his hold on the mistress.

"F-Forgive me for my rudeness but-"

"Who gave you permission to speak?"

He lowers his head, shutting up immediately.

"We are leaving this instant Navier, Eliza, and Laura." The guards make way for your group, no one dares disobey a deity.

A few days later..

"His majesty wants to see me?" Navier asks the messenger.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but yes... his order was to take you to him immediately."

"I shall come with you."

Fun fact, Gods can shape-shift into anything. So you turned into a fluffy (f/c) cat. Walking towards Navier, she gently picks you up, hold you with care.

"Alright. Let's go."

"Her majesty is here to see you, your majesty." The messenger says, then leaving.

"You called?" Navier says, cradling you in her arms.

"Ah, yes. Empress." Sovieshu says blankly.

"Today was supposed to be the day your lady-in-waiting got out. I wonder, would you have personally went to escort her out?"

"Are you going to ask why I would personally attend to her when you would have expressly punished her?"

"Do you know." He grits his teeth, "and you still tended to her... when you should have had her thrown out instead."

"It would be unjust to throw out a servant punished for being devoted to me. Moreover, her actions were well within the bounds of common sense."

"So. You would insist on keeping her by your side?"

"Who I appoint as my lady-in-waiting is my business."

This douche was getting on your nerves again. Does he really want you to degrade him again?

"This quibble with you tires me." He sighed.

"Why can't you just obediently do as I say for once?"

"The empress..." clenching her unused hand on her dress.

"...is not someone who is here to be at your beck and command, your majesty."

"THAT'S WHY I CAN'T HELP BUT COMPARE YOU TWO!" he shouts at her.

"Comparing Navier to a mistress? How low of  for an emporer." You say loud and clear, taking the man from surprise.

You hop out of Navier's arms, seeing her sadness makes your unknown heart ache.

"Come, my dear. Let's go spend some time with Laura." You tell Navier, shape-shifting back into your human form.

Holding her, whispering sweet nothings into her ears as you gently pat her head while walking out of his office.

"YOUR MAJESTY!"

"It was just as we'd expected. His majesty will be appointing that girl as his mistress!"

Navier paused, you were brushing her hair. It was obvious how loved Navier was by the Goddess.

"...he will?"

"While you've been busy all day preparing for the new year's ceremony, his majesty has been busy preparing to make her as his mistress!" Laura yells in anger.

Navier thinks to herself, you were worried, high ranking gods or deities like yourself will rarely show care for a human.

"When will she be appointed?" Navier suddenly asks.

Eliza glances towards Navier before answering, "according to the rumors, as soon as possible, before the new year's ceremony."

Speaking of the new year's ceremony...

"Oh yes Navier, my friends will be coming to visit me. They might be at the New Year's Ceremony. Just to give you a heads up."

Navier looks at you through her mirror and smiles.

"Alright.."