Chapter 8. Remarried Empress

"Your majesty, the emperor-"

Sovieshu comes barging into the room. Taking fast steps towards Navier.

"Your majesty? What brings you here at this hour-?"

Sovieshu cuts Navier off by yelling at her.

"Why have you changed so much!?" He shouts at her.

Hearing his tone of voice, you stand from your chair, glaring at him.

"...what do you mean I've changed?" She asks.

"I'm talking about what happened with rashta."

'Again with rashta. I'm sick and tired of hearing that name..' Navier thought while putting a hand on her head.

"I've already told you I didn't want to hear about her anymore, and yet you continue to bring her up."

"I heard about what happened this afternoon."

"You don't want to hear about her? If you had just let her be, I wouldn't be here in the first place."

That string is being pulled so much, it was going to snap if you heard another complaint. You get why the mistress is crying, but seriously. She heard her lady-in-waiting say that the chair was Navier's, she should have just stayed away first instead.

"...your majesty."

"Did your father also frequently bring up Countess Sophia* to your mother?"

*Sovieshu's Father's mistress

"...!"

"...rashta is also one of your people. Don't you pity her?"

-snap-

You slapped Sovieshu across the face, so hard in fact he spit out a bit of blood. Everyone was surprised by your action. Sovieshu landed harshly on the ground, rubbing your hand as if they were dirty.

"Do you have any respect? Complaining about your affairs to your wife about your mistress.. How disappointing.."

As he tries to get back up, you slap his other cheek throwing him back to the floor once more.

"How disgusting are you? To be on the floor groveling infront of my empress and me, a goddess."

Running a hand through your hair, you looked down at him with a disgusted gaze. With a flick of your wrist, his body was pushed (thrown) out of the room. Doors slamming in his face.

–slam–

You caught Navier when her knees gave up on her. Softly hugging her as she leaned into your embrace.

"My darling Empress, you mustn't let his dirty mouth soil your days... Please my dear, don't waste your tears on that thing." You told her as you gently held her face, cupping her face as you wiped the falling tears.

Rumors faster spread throughout the castle, about the way the emperor burst into the empresses room, and was thrown out mercilessly.

"Truly...?"

"His majesty visited the empress and got punished by the goddess, for me..?"

The maids were gossiping until Tr-rashta heard, and they begrudgingly told her the rumor.

It was a mercy she didn't kill him on the spot.

"He did!! It was said that he yelled at the empress and stood his ground until he was punished by the goddess!"

"He's sent a chair especially for you!"

"!"

"Oh, my! His majesty is so gallant...!"

Before long, the new year's ceremony was upon us. It was a little relief that neither Sovieshu or Navier had many distinguished guests arriving.

They could avoid seeing eachother for a while if we didn't need to greet them.

Unfortunately, Navier couldn't keep her distance forever...

You were standing next to Navier as she had to greet, prince Heinry.

"Make way for prince hainry from the western kingdom!"

Prince Heinry... he is the first in line to the throne of the western kingdom...

...and at the center of many rumors, such as those which describe his great cruelty or great beauty.

As Heinry walks up the stairs and towards Navier, she could see that his beauty almost matched yours.

'With a face as handsome as his, rumors would swirl even if he stood in a corner with his mouth shut.' Navier thought, as she gazed at him.

"Pleased-" navier was surprised when he reached out on one knee, for her hand.

She put her hand in his, and he gave it a kiss.

"It is an Honor to meet you, my queen."

"It is an honor to meet you as well, prince Heinry." She said as she took her hand out of his grasp.

"I hope you will get plenty of rest before the new year's ceremony. Please enjoy your time at the palace. I'm sure it will be to your liking."

"It is already very much to my liking."

"And very beautiful as well."

Who shall win? I wonder...

A/N: Honestly though, I feel like I've aged faster in school than in summer. I wish the year ended already..