charles

The music rang through the club, sweaty bodies danced around me. It was like a fever-dream. The air was heavy and smelled of alcohol.
This, right now, was only my second time going out. Only my second time in a club. A real club. With real people.

I stood around uncomfortably, clutching my bottle of beer so tightly that my hand hurt after a while. I knew I should dance or in any other way enjoy myself but somehow my body was frozen into place.
After several minutes of awkward standing around I finally decided that it was time to get myself out there.

Just in that moment a stranger approached me from behind. I turned around but making out his face was difficult. He was dancing and I danced along. This day was supposed to help me get out of my comfort zone. So I was not giving up now.

After a while I moved closer. The hands of the stranger carefully and slowly grabbed my waist. When I didn't put in any protest against his touch he started moving his body close to mine. Moving both of us to the beat of the music.
I felt my heart pounding.

After minutes of dancing just like that I again tried to catch a glance of the strangers face but he was too close to me and it was again too dark in the club to make out any feature of his face.
I could smell his perfume and I could feel my body getting hot. This was, as I believe, not due to the fact that it was unbelievably warm in the club, but rather the fact that I craved human contact.
And this human contact specifically seemed to get me going pretty good.

I giggled slightly as he grabbed my hand and began spinning me around. It was now that I caught a glance of his face.
He had short hair, a pleasant face and beautiful eyes. Making out the color was difficult given the lighting conditions but I could have sworn it was a green or a light grey.

We moved around for another ten minutes or so before he again wrapped his arms around me. I giggled and we continued dancing like that.

At one point he lifted his hand up and brushed away the part of hair that was covering my ear. He then moved his face close to the side of my head and whispered "You look beautiful."

I think I did blush in that moment.

In the next moment and I do not know why I said it or why on earth I thought it was a good idea to reply: "You do look beautiful too, that can't be said about your dance moves tho!"

To my great surprise he chuckled and then his beautiful teeth started showing as he was laughing soundly.

I was relieved and most definitely did not want to bury myself alive then and there.
After he caught his breath from laughing he put his hands against my hips again.

His playful smile turned into a smirk.
I could feel my legs give in. I could feel my stomach ache as if a million butterflies were swirling all around in there.
I didnt know him. But I wanted him. That's what I thought. But right when his face was as close to me as humanly possible, he stopped. He paused and I thought it was because he was waiting for my consent. But then he pulled back.

I stood there. His face was too far away from me now. I stepped towards him and this time it was my face that came close to his. His eyes widened.
My lips were closing in but he turned his head away.

I thought that was it. Rejected by the guy with the beautiful eyes.
I stepped back and was about to walk away in shame as he grabbed my hand. He said something but the music drowned out all the sound his mouth was making. I looked at him. He looked back.
He then smiled slightly and dragged me away from the dance floor.

The club had a little area with seats. It was a little bit more quiet there. And with a little bit I mean the music was still as loud as a firework going off right next to your ear. But it was definitely an improvement from the dance floor.

He leaned over and said "that were some pretty hot dance moves we've got there, don't you think?" in a cute french accent. I laughed and leaned in to say "I guess so."
My glance scanned the dance floor and then shot back at him "I don't think we have any competition today."
"Prom king and queen?" he said.
"If you want to call it that." I said while smiling brightly.

We continued talking for a while. His hand rested on my leg and my hand was clutching to his biceps.

After scanning his face for a while my brain disconnected from the rest of my body and I said mindlessly "You have really beautiful eyes!" before the lord and saviour could stop me I added "And your smile...it's so cute and the mole on your cheek it's really pretty as well"

He eyed me for some seconds and I wanted to slap my hand into my face.
"Thank you." he said while trying to sound casual.

My still pretty sober self tried to save the situation by quickly adding "You know i'm pretty stupid when i'm drunk, sorry. I did not want to sound like a creep."

He laughed slightly. "You didn't sound like a creep. More like someone who likes to speak their mind."

"You think so?"

"Yeah... I mean I also did look at you for a long time and I do wanted to tell you that your hair looks adorable when it's tied in a bun like that and I wanted to tell you that you have a really beautiful nose and I wanted to tell you that you smell like roses and that I can't get enough of you holding on to my arm like that but i'm way too shy to say that out loud. So yes you seem like a person who speaks their mind." he said in a calm manner.

I barely contained my scream and then bursted out "I think you just said that out loud."

"Did I?" he said with an innocent smile.
"Oops"

I chuckled and he joined in.
"By the way..." I said cautiously "what's your name?"

I was scared that he would want to flirt with me for one night, use me and then never see me again. To enjoy one night, you don't need to know the name of the person youre banging.

But to my great surprise he answered my question with a bright smile.

"Charles."