Chapter 1: The beggining of something terrible

Darkness... Unmoving... Soundless... Cold.. These are what I felt as I gained consciousness. Nothing could be seen or heard and I couldn't move.

Nothing could be done and I couldn't do anything about it. Until a thudding sound could be heard. It sounded far away, but as more time went by, it could be felt coming closer.

'Crack..... Crack' What is that sound? Why can't I see clearly? What's going on?

'Crack... CRASH!!' Falling from position, my head hit something hard and cold. "So this is the thing that was in the ice? " said a voice in disgust.

"Wait.. Is it moving?" It? Are they referring to me? I tried moving my head up, only to be met with mind numbing pain. I groaned and pushed myself up regardless.

I saw a room full of people in extravagent and peculiar clothing. Most of them wore masks designed differently. Is this a cult?

No, more importantly, they look dangerous.

'What an intense atmosphere.' I shivered as I could feel their piercing gazes cut through me.

A woman with blonde hair and blue eyes looked to a man with a gray uniform and asked, "Where did you find this iceberg?''
She asked coldly, "It was located in the middle of an underground cavern we were investigating. It was emitting some sort of blu-ish glow, my Lady. " He answered quickly.

I tried to say something, but my throat ran dry and I ended up coughing loudly. "Hey, someone bring some water here. They might choke themselves to death before we begin to interrogate them" a man with ginger hair chuckled.

With that order, another servant brought a glass of water and forcibly chugged it down my throat. Albeit, it did make me feel better.

"Who.. Are you people?" I questioned in between coughes. They must be of high authority if they were commanding the ones in grey with ease. A woman in a shining blue and white dress and a spiky crown made of ice stepped forward and looked down on me.

"I am the Tsaritsa. The one who controls this organization called the Fatui. " she answered nonchalantly. She then harshly grabbed me by the chin, bent down and made me look her in the eyes.

"What a ghastly appearance you have. Exactly how long have you been frozen in time?" She pondered aloud.

"What is your name and where have you come from?"

I tried thinking of my origins, but everything was a blur. The most I could remember was my name and that I had a vision but that was it. Everything after felt like a white flash.

"My name is... Serena. As for my origins, I barely remember anything..." She looked at me disapprovingly until she looked at my neck. There hung a light blue jewel, still shining brightly. A cryo vision

"A vision holder of my element?... Perhaps you may be of some use after all." She said coldly and let me go. "Take her to the infirmary and run some tests on her once you know she's stable." And with that final message, she left. Uniformed people seized me by the arms and dragged me away.

I had no strength left in my arms or legs to retaliate. I was more focused on what the blonde lady said before. 'How long was I trapped in the ice? How many years has it been?' Questions that I asked myself but had no answer.

I was put onto a simple white bed and one of them injected something into me. My head started spinning and the last thing I saw before returning to sleep was a bright white light.

A few hours later...

"Her vitals seem stable. But there is evidence of trauma to the right side of her skull.. " "...sustained multiple injuries to her legs and arms"

"....the ice.... Healed... Incredible.. "

Groggily, I got up from the sleeping position I was in and sat up. That was a mistake. I felt like I was hit on the head with a hammer. A groan escaped my mouth and my hands clutched my hair. Trying to ignore the pain, I looked around the room to see no one there but me. 'They must've left'

I stood up shakily and stumbled for a bit to find a mirror. Luckily, there was one hanging on the wall.

I stared into the mirror and studied my facial features. I had long and tousled black hair, dark blue eyes and a ghostly pale complexion. The eyebags under my eyes was evidence I was exhausted.

The bones on my face were noticeably visible.

Then I noticed that my body was covered in bandages. Some only covering a small area, others were wrapped around my limbs.

Then the doorknob turned and a man with light blue hair and half a face mask entered. He wore a wide toothy grin. "Oh, you're awake and you can walk. Good, that makes things easier for me." He said.

He dragged a chair from the desk nearby and ordered me to sit on the bed. Here, he injected some sort of liquid into my veins and hooked me up to a machine of some sorts.

"What are you doing to me?" I asked him. He ignored my question and continued on with the tests. The next few minutes went by in silence. Then he forcefully grabbed my arm and glared at me. " Hold still and it'll hurt less." To which he stabbed me with another needle and drew blood from me.

"Ow.." I mumbled. "Finally done... That was a waste of my time. If only I wasn't the only doctor here." He grumbled.

"Who are you?" I asked him. He stared, then finally said in an annoyed voice, "I am Il Dottore. One of the Fatui Harbingers under her Majesty the Tsaritsa."

He then threw a paper bag at me and told me to get dressed and exited the room. I dumped the contents of the bag onto the bed. The outfit consisted of a white button up with long sleeves and a knee length black skirt that were connected to a pair of suspenders.

After changing out of the blood-stained rags, there was a knock on the door and a female guard peeked through. "I was ordered to bring you to Master Pantalone once you were ready. If you are, then let's go. Master Pantalone has limited patience."

Walking through the corridors, I noticed how grand this place actually was. Silver chandeliers were hung from the ceiling elegantly with small glass drops gently swinging left to right and the walls were decorated with silver linings and expensive looking blue marble.

When we finally reached where I needed to go, she opened the door and gestured me to go inside. Nervously, I walked in but tried to keep my composure.