Chapter 32

"Hurry up you idiots! We don't have time for you to dally around!"

Scaramouche's voice resonated loudly on the deck as scurrying soldiers rushed to complete any remaining preparations, making it the first thing that Serena heard in the morning. She stared at him from around the corner with a slight frown and sleepy eyes.

How does one have that much energy in the morning to yell at an entire ship's crew? Doesn't that take too much effort? Well at this point, he must be a natural at venting his anger at others.

After some careful debate, she finally decided to approach him with the intention of putting the rest of the crew out of their misery.

"Good morning Master Scaramouche." Serena greeted as she walked towards him, sophisticatedly bowing to him. "I hope you slept well last night." She smiled.

"Hmph. Save me your formalities. Have you completed things on your end?" He scowled, not looking in her direction. "Yes my Lord. The gifts that we've prepared for the diplomats have all been arranged for accordingly and plans for future negotiations have been set. It's all going smoothly." Serena spoke eloquently while still bowing. Her long eyelashes fluttering as she looked up to Scaramouche.

"Good. At least that's one thing I don't need to worry about!" He loudly said while eyeing the scared soldiers who were doing their best to speed up the process. "Why don't you rest for a while Master Scaramouche? I'll take things off your shoulders for bit."

"I don't remember giving you permission to take over my duties." He coldly stated. "Yes, but since you're Snezhnayan diplomat it's important for you to be well rested before a meeting. So please, allow me to lessen your burden." She tried her best to look at him with concern, as if she was worried that he might overwork herself.

But really this is all a ruse so that she can get information from the other soldiers secretly without him knowing. He groaned and turned his heel to her with an unsure frown. "Fine." He grumbled.

Serena led him to a chair under a large parasol that could hide a person from the glaring rays of the morning sun. "You better know what you're doing here secretary." He spat as he sat down on the lounging chair.

"I wouldn't be one if I didn't. Please rest and trust me to complete everything efficiently." She kneeled to his level and took his hand to kiss it respectfully. "But I think you'd know that I'm more than capable of things like this." She grinned knowingly at him with a cheeky gaze.

Scaramouche's fair complexion was flushed with a bright red and he pushed her face away with a mad glare. "Shut up and go do your job." He ordered her. She gave out a loud chuckle and left to do as she had promised.

'Thank you Lady Serena!!' The tired soldiers rejoiced quietly now knowing that the calmer and less volatile woman was replacing their malicious commander.

Serena first approached a group of soldiers who were lifting heavy crates that were filled with heavy machinery parts that were meant to be sent to one of the Fatui's research facilities. One of the members were struggling to carry two boxes stacked on top each other.

"Are you alright?" She asked in a tone of fake concern as she stood near the tired soldier. "Y-yes! My apologies my lady, I'll have this sent to it's proper location as soon as I can." They said in between breaths.

"Take it easy alright? Give those to me, you take some of the lighter boxes." She ordered already taking the boxes out of the soldier's hand and effortlessly carried them to where they needed to be.

Not long after, Serena was helping around the ship doing whatever tasks that needed to be finished by the time they reached the port of Fontaine and commanding recruits with urgency. At the same time, she conversed with some of them and convinced them to spill some information to her. Some of it was easily gained, some not so much.