Chapter 15 (edited): An unexpected meeting

Authors note: Some things included in this chapter are not Canon to the game. Please note that I made some of this up for the sake of the plot.

The same burning village... The same burning corpses....The same stillness of not being able to do anything... The same vision all over again.

The only difference this time... Was that there was someone else with her...

Their figure was but a blur, but their voice was loud and penetrating.

"Save me, Rena. Why weren't you fast enough?" They cried.

An ear piercing screech ran through her ears, causing a thumping pain in her head, making her fall to the ground...

------

Serena jolted awake, rising from the watery depths of the bath tub. Just like the previous times before, her head experienced the same head-splitting headache.

She groaned in pain as she massaged her scalp. 'How long have I been asleep for?'

She got out of the tub and draped herself with a robe. Once she exited the bathroom, she glanced at the clock in the opposite direction.

'8:20 pm', it showed with it's ticking hands. 'Shit, I slept for too long again.' She hurriedly changed into a new set of simple clothes and walked speedily to her escort's room.

There, she waited for them to gather formed a meeting to discuss their findings. She sat crossed legged on a the couch while the three of them knelt to the floor on one knee with their heads bowed downwards. "Report." , was all she commanded to them.

"As you requested, I investigated the waterfall at the east of Fontaine. But to no avail. No secret entrances could be found, nor was there signs of any civilization." He informed.

Serena gave a huff of dissapointment, then turned to the last escort. "And you?"

"My lady, I have not found what you have informed us. However, I managed to claim some info I think would be useful to you." He says hopefully.

Intrigued, Serena allowed him to continue speaking."I questioned the villagers nearby, and there is a tale of a group of villagers who once used to live in those parts. It's said there is a secret civilization behind the waterfall."

"However, it's said they mysteriously dissapeared for some reason and no one saw them again." "What might that reason be?"

"It's said that they angered something or someone powerful, causing chaos to be enacted upon them." He finished.

Serena frowned upon heating the last sentence."Who informed you of this?" She asked growing skeptical of how true this so-called tale was and it was so vague that that it was suspicious. Were there no other details besides this?

"A young man that resided in the village. Some of the children who were playing around could be heard talking about it too." He quickly explained.

"What about the rest of the residents? Do they also know of the tale that you've told me?" Her fingers tapped against her couch's soft material expectantly. "I-I didn't ask around that much." He stutters nervously and proceeds to bow his head lower. "Apologies." He then utters.

Serena's frown grew, clicking her tongue with annoyance. "Fine. I'll head there myself tommorow. You don't need to follow me." She stood from the couch and walked past the bowed soldiers towards the door. "But my lady, Lord Pantalone specifically instructed us to-" Serena stamped her shoe's heel onto the floor loud enough for it to echo around the room."I know what he instructed you. But if you came with me it would draw to much suspicion and we may be questioned for it. Which is why I'll go alone." She snapped at them.