Chapter 3:Monocaerus Caeli

4 years have passed since the day I killed those soldiers in front of Master Pantalone and I am now fairly familiar with most of the people in this organization.

In within 2 years time, I managed to climb the ranks and have deemed myself worthy of being Master Pantalone's right hand man. It took countless Trials and assassinations but it was all worth it.

Master Pantalone wanted me to start from the very bottom of the organization. His exact words were,"It wouldn't be fair to the other soldiers if you were to suddenly become my right-hand. Besides,youre not exactly strong at the moment." While saying that with a mocking face. What a joke. He was never one to care about fairness anyway.

Back to the present...

'Why did I agree to that offer 4 years ago?' I thought to myself, questioning my life decisions. Currently, I am in my private office, skimming through mountains of paperwork until there was a knock on my door.

"Enter." I said in an annoyed voice. "That's no way to address your boss now is it Serena?" Master Pantelone waltzed through the door, looking lavish as ever.

I stood from my desk and bowed my head down. "My apologies,my Lord. I thought you were another low ranking soldier that came to add onto my workload."

I looked up to see him looking at me with an amusing smirk. One that I know all too well.

"Have you come to me with a new job?" I asked with a forced smile. Does this man have no other forces to delegate other than me?

"You know it all too well. I almost feel sorry for you." He said with a chuckle while peering behind to look at the papers falling from my desk.

"There's a troublesome client that I have that's borrowed a large sum of money with promise of greater rewards to come. " he continued. Clack.. Clack... Clack. His shoes clacked against the floor in a menacing pace. Like a snake ready to strike it's prey.

"It's been 2 months and there has been no word from him on his progress or wether he's returning that money." His voice grew low. Then he walked towards me and handed me a file.

It consisted of that clients personal information. He ran a company that sold manufactured parts to make weapons for the Fatui. But the company was accused of using low quality materials that made the weapons defective.

"According to some of spies, they say that he's been laying low at this address in Liyue. Find him and if he doesn't have my money, kill him." I nodded my head, "Yes Master Pantalone."

"Oh yes, another harbinger will be accompanying you as well." He added. "Am I myself insufficient for the job?" I asked. "I wouldn't say that, it's just that he's more used to debt collecting. You could learn a thing or two from him." That was all he said before he left.

"Hi Serena." Master Childe stood by the entrance of the castle, waving with a smile. "Greetings Master Childe. Are you the one accompanying me to Liyue? "

"Yep, c'mon. The faster we get there the more blood I'll be able to spill." Enthusiastically, he walked towards the carriage that would transport us to Liyue.

The carriage had silk, velvet, cushioned seats and the walls and doors were lined with polished wood that made it shine. I'm glad the ride would at least be comfortable.

The rest of the ride was met with silence. That was, until he got bored. "This silence is killing me. Talk with me Serena."

Taken by surprise, I stumbled with my words. "Alright um... Do you have a plan for how you will capture the target?"

"Not about work, we'll talk about that when we get there. How has that greedy old man been treating you? It's been a while since I've last saw you." He winked.

"Master Pantalone.. Is Master Pantalone. As usual, he adds to my workload and makes my life harder." I murmered the last part.

Master Childe let out a small laugh, "If he treats you like a slave, why not work under me? It'll be a weight of your shoulders." He joked.

"Thank you for the kind offer Master Childe, but I must decline. I have sworn loyalty to Master Pantalone and intend to keep it that way. Even if he does treat me like a slave." I smiled.

"What a shame. It would be nice having a secretary like Pantalone. And I told you to stop calling me 'Master Childe'. I can't stand formalities. Loosen up a little would you?"

"But you're my superior... It would be a little weird if I started referring to you informally wouldn't it?" I asked.

"It's fine. Besides you've been working under us for 2 years now haven't you? Or... "

He leaned from his seat and said, "You could just call me by name without formal-

"I must decline. Everything within work must stay professional. That's what Master Pantelone tells me." A flat out refusal. He finally took the hint and sighed defeated. "You're no fun. Do you follow everything that old geezer says to a T?"

"I have to. If I don't, that increases my paperwork." I joked. "But he does give me a bonus if I do a good job so I don't mind."

After that, we managed to make tiny conversations with each other about this and that. Finally after hours on a carriage, we arrived at the mountains near Liyue Harbor.

The moment I got out of the carriage, I stretched my limbs and let the cool breeze kiss my face. It's good to be away from Snezhnaya, away from the Fatui.. Well almost.

I snapped out my daydream and walked towards Master Childe. "Now that we're here, should we discuss the plan?" "Easy, we sneak into where he's hiding, give him a suprise, ask wether he has the money, if he doesn't we kill him." He replied.

"We should get something to eat first. I'm famished after being in that carriage for 6 hours." He continued. "Let's go, I know a place." Before he left, he told the other soldiers accompanying us to go to Northland bank, and we were off.