Chapter 45

Hi,

Sorry for not updating in a while, I've been busy in college.

I've read some of your comments about my work and I'm honestly so touched. I love reading your guy's comments on literally anything. I'm also really grateful that this book has gotten more attention in the months I haven't updated.

I wasn't expecting so many views on this or that people would like the plot for this. Thank you so much!!

I'd just like to say though, since I was trying to rush this chapter, it may be lower in quality than usual. Just saying.

Also, I feel like I have to clear some things up about Serena's allergies with seafood and what they have to do with the maid since its caused some confusion.

The maid used to work directly under Pantalone in his own mansion, but since Serena came into the equation he assigned her to him. And just like everyone else in Chapter 2, they wondered why 9th was so keen on keeping some girl frozen in time with not a single shred to her name.

Naturally, this attention garnered jealousy and hate so the maid took it out on Serena when she one day just so happened to find out she was allergic to seafood after serving her some fish.

As for why Sirena never fought back until recently, she thought the maid was still in direct contact with Pantalone so she could easily spy on her and send feedback about her to him, but that wasn't the case since Pantalone had long forgotten about the maid.

Once again, I apologize for not making that clearer. I probably should have worded and planned it better.

------

My senses felt void.

As I regained consciousness, my head felt fuzzy and my entire body felt numb.

It felt wrong.

There was a damp sensation on my face that I couldn't be bothered to check what it was at the moment. A raspy and sickly sound was made as I breathed in deeply and breathed out, resulting in a cough from me.

As my vision went from dark, to blurry, to slightly clearer, I could begin to make out shapes and lights. My fingers twitched before I commanded them to move towards me, playing them over my eyes as I rubbed them.

A groan escaped my lips as I tried to sit up from what felt like the bed. A stinging and throbbing sensation over my upper back prevented me from moving too soon. I lay back down and sighed weakly at my inability to do anything.

When my eyes finally adjusted to the bright lights that flooded into my irises, I finally could see the familiar ceiling of my room.

I grit my teeth together as I pull my shirt up and looked down. My thorax was wrapped in bandages and so were my legs. In the midst of this, the pain made me remember something else.

Dottore's vials.

It hurt to move but I did anyway. With a pained grunt, I rolled over onto my side. I had to make sure that the vials were still under my bed. I don't recall what happened after I passed out, all I know is that someone entered who I can only assume is Master Pantalone. Placing my arm under my chest, I dragged myself over to the side and allowed the upper half of my body to dangle off the side.

I ignored the searing pain in my ribs and forced myself to bear through it while my hands felt around for anything that felt like a glass tube. After a few seconds, I found it and pulled it out to check that it hadn't been tampered with.

By the grace of the gods, all three were still in place, the same volume as before. But I couldn't rest so easily just yet. I needed to find a better hiding spot for these, underneath my bed would not suffice but it will have to do for now. The vials were about to be placed back under the darkness provided by the blankets and sheets when a thought ran through my head.