Chapter 14: The land of Hydro part 1

By the time it was afternoon the next day, the boat had finally arrived in Fontaine. The port here was much busier than Liyue or Snezhnaya, causing it to be a hassle to get away from the crowd with 3 escorts in tow and luggage to add.

Occasionally, you'd bump into a few people while bustling through. "My lady, Lord Pantalone has provided accommodations at the Airelles Château. We should head over there now." Suggested one of the escorts.

"OK,lead the way then." Serena replied allowing them to lead her to the hotel since she had no idea how to navigate through this place. The escorts first booked a private carriage to bring them to the hotel.

2 of then sat outside, maneuvering the energy powered carriage, while one of them sat with Serena to keep an eye on her.

"After we check-in, please book another carriage to take us to this place." She ordered the escort while showing her the place she wanted to go to on the map.

"Yes, my lady. Will we also be surveying the other two places you've circled?" "No, we'll save them for another day. We have plenty of time anyway." She ordered.

When Serena looked out the window, she was mesmerized at the sight of the hotel. It's size could rival the royal palace. The hotel took over nearly 11 acres of land.

The walls were outlined in rich gold and white to provide a sophisticated look, and were lined with tall glass windows, which were decorated with a shiny metal. On the edge of the roof, statues of various stone animals were sculpted beautifully and were arranged in equal distance.

Not to mention the garden that took a vast majority of the land. Bushes were cut neatly to form a path leading to the hotel's entrance. In between the bushes were patches of lavenders and daffodils.

'What a pretty place.' She thought. She looked back at the escort in front of her to see that she had the same look as her. As soon as the carriage stopped, the escorts got off to handle all the luggage.

Serena's shoes clacked onto the ground as she pushed her way out of the carriage and took in more if the scenery, breathing in the scent of fragrant flowers.

"Alright,once you're done with the luggage,we'll take a small break and then we'll head out. Make any preparations necessary and order another carriage to arrive." She ordered them. "Yes, My lady." They said in unison.

"Hello Madam, I'll be here to escort you to your room." A hotel staff offered. Serena nodded and followed him up the stairs.

It was a suite on the 29th floor. It consisted of a King sized bed, a small kitchen, a living room with a coffee table, and 2 bathrooms with a tub. "Thank you. I need you to clear the entire floor for me and my attendants. Here's a large bonus." She effortlessly tossed another bag of mora to the staff, which happily skipped away.

'Always works.' She thought as she sat down on the sofa.

20 minutes later...

After waking up from a short nap, Serena gathered her escorts together outside the hotel again.

"I only need one of you to come with me.
So the strongest out of the three of you are coming with me. The two of will be sent to the other two locations I've circled to recover any useful information there."
She strictly said.

"But my lady, we were told by Lord Pantalone to guard you at all times." Exclaimed one of them.

"Yes, but travelling and splitting up this way is more efficient." Serena argued.

"And Master Pantalone never specified how many of you had to be present, now did he?" She questioned them.

This loophole would allow her to be less restricted and bounded by the eyes of the Fatui. Even if there was still one person watching her, but she could always lose them somehow and make an excuse up for it later.