Chapter 28

Huh?!

My mind was swirling as I felt the contact of his rough lips on mine. I was too shocked to do anything, it all happened so fast. Gradually, his tight hold on my hands released themselves and he started to slowly intertwine his fingers into mine.

His other hand moved from my hand to my waist and he pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. When he did, I used my free hand to grab his shoulder to gain balance.

Is this really happening?
But why now? This will inconvenience me greatly later on.

What am I supposed to do here? How do I respond? No,wait. I have to stay calm, go along with the flow and ask questions later.

It was here I decided to play along with his sudden antics. I melted into his kiss and allowed him to do what he wanted. He noted the green light from me and started biting down on my lower lip.

I couldn't contain myself and let out a soft moan as he did. He made a cut with his teeth and the metalic taste of my blood could be tasted as our lips locked together, spreading through both our tongues.

When we had finally decided to end it, we were both panting for air.

"...Why?" Was all I asked in between breaths.

"You talked out of line, I had to shut you up somehow." He smirked naughtily.

"How vulgar of you. Apprehending a lady and then kissing her without permission." I grimaced. "So which one of us is really out of line here?" I grabbed him by his shirt's collar.

"And what does that make us now?"

"Friends with benefits, I suppose."

I don't like where this is going...

"So what? I'm just here to amuse you whenever you feel like it?" I scoffed at him. "I may be in a lower rank than you but I have my reservations." I demanded.

"I wouldn't worry too much about that, I won't force you to do anything."

He picked up a lock of my hair and brought it to him,playing with the strand in between his fingers.

"Are you alright with that?" He asked pulling my hand off him again, while tightening his hold on my waist.

I've already deeply sunken into the harbinger's business as is. If I were to add another, exactly how much trouble would this bring me in the future?

I know I shouldn't ever become a slave to pleasure, but it felt good.

"We'll see how this plays out. I'd like this to be a fair trade, considering you did just steal my first kiss." I chuckled.

"Really,now?" He cocked his head to the side. "Someone like you has never been kissed before?"

"I don't know what you were expecting. I have no time for these types of relationships." I dug my knee deeper into the gap between his thighs. "Or did you think I relish in this type of thing." I glowered, knowing that I was being a hypocrite.

"Hm, I wouldn't know. But you are enjoying it aren't you? Based on your previous reactions." He gave me a sweet smile as he squeezed me.

"Shall we continue so I can prove my point?"

I should say no, I'll be better off that way than having affairs with a Harbinger.

But it felt so good... It was intoxicating,even.Maybe I do want more... But I shouldn't.

As if he sensed my own unsureness he said with serious eyes, "I'll give you to the count of 5, if you don't push me away,I'll keep going."

"Huh? Wait a minute.." I stammered.