Chapter 25

With a shaky grip, I clenched harder onto the pen in front of me and tried my best to fight through the electrifying pain that had spread throughout my body. It hadn't stopped in the last hour and continued to worsen. My thoughts were clouded and I hoped to god that the words I wrote were somewhat legible and that it made sense.

The pain killers had had no effect on me. Perhaps I had grown some immunity with the many times I had taken them.

Sweat continued to drip down my neck and small tears made their way through as I bit down harder on my lips, chapping it and ruining it further.

You're a fool... Serena

A stubborn one at that...

What were you thinking going against him and talking to him in such a disrespectful way?

It's mad, yet you still did it anyway

Are you trying to kill yourself before you have the chance to escape?

Or did you forget that we have to act loyal?
What you did today can badly affect our plans in the future

You idiot...!

".....Shut up..." I mumbled to myself, clutching onto my front hair that loosely hung down my face with some strands sticking on and stared down at the documents in front of me. I let out a shaky breath before looking at the locked door of my office in front of me.

'I want to get out of here.' I thought. Suddenly, I felt the pain reaching into my chest, at the sudden pain, I dropped the pen down and gasped for air.

I clung onto my chest and clawed at it, as if I wanted out of my own body. My head slammed onto the table and I started having a coughing fit. The metallic taste of blood had left it's presence in my mouth. It spilled through my hand and onto the floor below me in large volumes.

Am I finally dying?
Just like this?
From an injury like this?

Bullshit...

When I removed my palm from my mouth, it was stained red with my own blood. I rested back into the chair and shakily breathed out, barely getting any oxygen.

I was too busy wallowing in my own pain I didn't hear the door's lock click. "Well this is certainly something I wasn't expecting."

I weakly looked back at him. His figure was blurry, but I could tell it was him. "I'm.... Sorry.." I muttered in between breaths.

---

At first, I was planning on locking her in her office so she would learn her lesson. But it seems it's taken a turn for the worse.

I first went to check the documents on her desk. Surprisingly, she had finished most of it, though the handwriting was messier than usual. But we can make do.
After setting them aside for now, I moved on to Serena.

My gloved hand reached for her face. Using my thumb to smear away the blood that was drooling down her mouth. Her eyes weakly but slowly glanced at me, eyelids still drooping.

How pitifully cute.

Her limp hand reached out to mine and she leaned into my touch. "Master Pantalone... Please....don't abandon me." She whispered. "I learnt my lesson.... I won't argue.... With you again." She said in between gasps for air.

"What a good secretary you are. Begging me not to fire you even as you're coughing up blood." I smiled down at her, next eyeing the large puddle of blood on the floor.

"You even finished most of your work. Impressive. This is what I want from you, Serena. Is that so hard to ask?" She didn't respond but only chuckled painfully at my words. Perhaps she was becoming delirious after losing so much blood.