♣️28.

Everything felt still. He couldn't think straight after what he had gotten to know . How was this possible. How did he never get to know this. All the instances from the past reflected through eyes. He massaged his temples feeling the burden of truth inside him .  little incidents when teja would react weird came infront of him and he realised there were always clues.

He never knew how did they have such a big age gap between them . The photograph she told him not to mention infront of pra . Their extremely opposite physical feautures and characteristics. Everything made sense now.

Irrespective , he found it difficult to digest that Pratik wasn't her real brother . If anyone ever knew the sister- brother duo , they would not even for a second doubt they were not blood related. They both were joined to hip. The amount of love they had between them always made him thought if he had the same emotional connect these two had.

He wondered if he should confront teja regarding this . Maybe it'll help him clear his mind and doubt. The girl was a mystry. A year with her and yet he knew nothing about her past. Wasn't this the thing that annoyed him the most during dating. He felt like everyday there would be a new teja standing there with new secrets burrited deep within .

He couldn't guage it though. Why was it so impossible for her to to open up ? Everybody has a bad past , she has had her baggage , he had his own too but did he let it ever come between them ? No

Little did he know the baggage had left more  deep scars that he had imagined.

*****

" Waise woh ladka jo abhi aya tha , woh kaun tha? Uska naam -" Maasi tried to be discrete but tejs understood what she was hinting at  .

" Maasi " She sighed holding her hands.
" Duniya me har umar naam ke ladke me apna umar dhundhna band kijiye. Usey hamare paas aana hota toh woh kabka ajata "

" Par woh toh bachha tha n teja jab uske papa usey lekar gaye the. Usey thodi na kuch yaad hoga ? Ham chahe toh usey dhundh sakte hai na"

" Maasi ! Woh itna bhi bachha nahi tha . Ab tak toh woh bada hogaya hoga na ? Toh agar ham usey yaad hote toh woh hame dhundh leta. Par usne aisa nahi kiya. Woh apni life me khush hai maasi. Aap usey yaad karke rona band kariye na please " She consoled maasi gently rubbing her back

" Kaise bhul jayu ? Mera ek lauta beta tha woh teju " She whimpered a little and teja gave her a sympathetic smile.

" Haww , aur mai kaun hu ? Mai kuch nahi lagti aapki ? " She prentended to be mad and  pretended to be sulky

" Chal drama queen ! tujhe pata hai mere liye toh tum dono hi mere bachho jaise ho " She cupped her face lovingly

******

Umar panted a little . Sweat trickled from his forehead and he increased the speed of treadmill he was running on. It all felt like a dream. He had seen her . His mother after ages. It was sad that his mother couldn't even recognise him . He had grown up without a mother for over almost a decade. She wouldn't even know how he looked like. He was just a kid when his father took him away from his mother and his best friend , teju.

He was utterly surprise when he got to know that the lawyer tejasswi was his teju. They had spent most of their childhood together. He had promised to protect her from all the bullies that troubled her or made her remember her parents. He had seen how she struggled with handling her little toddler brother . He had told her they would take care of him together. They were going to grow up together , everything was planned. Alas , life happened.

And to come to think of he met her so many years later in such circumstances where she is in his opposition .And she didn't even recognise him.

" Fuck " He grunted hitting the machine  harshly

****

"Abhishek Hi ! " She said quitely

" Teja , i was trying to get to you since tomorrow . " He replied and she bit her lip

" I apologize.  I am stuck in a personal emergency . Is there any update? "

" I hope everything's fine. Yes there is. " She took a breathe hoping for a major lead in the case. The hearing was nearing and she was busy in the hosptal. She had gotten no time to prepare for the hearing.

" The staff at present is clean . There's nothing suspicious. " He said and her hope fell

" But some of them mentioned there was a party that day so some extra staffs were called in for help.  I enquired further and out of the 5 extra helpers 2 of them couldn't be identified. All the information about them is inauthentic. " She held in a breathe at the information.

" Have you gotten any lead on them ? " She asked inpatient

" No , but me and my team are trying.  I'll get back to you once i have the information "

" Thanks " she replied and cut the call. She turned only to get bumped into a hard chest. Karan was just behind her .

" Woah , A little warning  before you scare me like this again ? " She mocked but he didn't reply . His facial expressions didn't change. He had this blank look on his face and something in his eyes she couldn't decipher . She scrunched her eyebrows , staring at him keenly when he didn't reply to her mocking in any way.

She pinched his shoulder skin a little and he scowled a little

" Oww! What was that for " He glared at her

" Hey there, back from your dream world yet ?" She taunted .

" I came to call you . The doctor wants to talk " Her face turned serious and she nodded solemnly

They walked forward in silence . Karan silent because he had so many questions , theories , thoughts swirling inside him . Her because she was nervous at what the doctor was going to say.

****

" The surgery is successful" she sighed in relief and she knew karan and maasi did too.

" but " Her heart beat quickened as the solemn face of the doctor . He held on to the first thing she found and fortunately or unfortunately  it was his hand. He squeezed back her hand a little understanding  her .

" He has not responeded well to the surgery. We are waiting for 24 hours. He'll be in observation till then. We can only comment further after that " He gave a thin lined smile and left.

Teja's feet wobbled a little and karan held her tighty immediately . She sighed and relaxed back into his arms , her back touching his chest. He gently squeezed her shoulders giving her zhe much needed comfort and she closed her eyes feeling immense pain shoot up .

*****

A small update !

Also there was a little confusion  ,so let me clarify the girl he broke up with in the starting of last episode was not teja. It was tanya only , there was not typing error. She was an ex- girlfriend.  It was his past !