Club Ichor

(Edited)

Dionysus must have been the head of Club Ichor because the amount of alcohol that reeked from this place was astronomical. It smelled of pleasure, obsession, sin and sex. Dim light that danced on the ceiling as a piece of monstrously loud music played in the background.

Of course, you had been to Club Ichor with Hanma, multiple times in fact, this place was like his abode. He, Hanma Shuji: the god of death. Coming to this club without him felt melancholic.

"Y/N," Naoto said authoritatively, snapping you out of your daze.

"Look," he said pointing towards a male with well-swept hair, Kokonoi, you knew by the laugh.

You fixed your garments and walked close to the man.

"Kokonoi Hajime," you said looking straight into his lizard eyes.

"Oh! Hey Y/N,' he chuckled as if unaffected being caught snorting cocaine with a buck, "your husband just died, shouldn't you be mourning instead of roaming in clubs."

"I have some questions," you said sitting down on the couch in front of him.

"Shoot em'"

"I...don't know who killed Shuji, it wasn't an accident for sure..."

"True, I tried looking into it, but failed, your husband had a bit too many enemies-- it was like trying to find a needle in hay."

"Also another fact is that I don't remember anything that happened that day or the day before or two days ago the incident."

He scrunched his eyebrows, "how come?"

"I just don't remember..."

"Maybe try asking your detective friend outside the club," Koko said leaning back on the couch. You were astounded at his presence of mind, even with all those narcotics swirling in his veins. 

"He doesn't know either," you bit your lip and peered hesitantly into his dragon-lidded eyes.

He hummed in acknowledgement, "Naoto Tachibana right?"

"In full flesh," said the detective, causing you to turn your head at him.

He sat on the couch beside you, spreading his legs and sitting comfortably, that was the most informal you had ever seen him.

"I know I said I would wait outside," he turned to look at you, "I felt you wouldn't be exactly comfortable sitting with your husband's colleagues that are criminals."

"If you want to smooth-talk my dead acquaintance's s/o, please do it outside, it makes me want to puke."

Naoto rolled his eyes in disgust, "tell me in detail, what all happened that day."

"What's the guarantee you won't arrest me?" He said, his voice a low whistle

"I could have done that by now if I wanted to, Mr Hajime."

Koko smirked a little, leaning in close, "tell you what little detective, I like you."

"Glad you do, now let's get to the point; I unlocked Hanma's phone, apparently he made a deal with you, Kokonoi, so let us be very clear that you are the highest suspect right now."

Suddenly Kokonoi's eyes seemed to have cleared, "makes sense, but let me tell you, the delivery was made the last month, since then I haven't talked to Hanma, you can check my phone if you want to."

He handed his phone with Hanma's contact open to you, you scrolled all the way up, there was no chat after the last month.

"How much was the deal for?" you questioned.