Two birds on a wire

2013  AD

"Hanma-san? What are you doing here?" You squealed seeing the man knock on your dorm window.

"Yo!" he chuckled, "sorry I came without letting ya know, I just really missed you~"

You flushed at his words, averting your eyes, "well now that you are here, come on in."

"Man, now I kinda wanna come back to Uni, fun days," he exclaimed while laying, ruining the bed you had just made.

"It's not like you studied anyways," you pointed, clearing up your desk.

"Why you gotta be so rude, huh? Respect your elders!"

You stuck your tongue at him, "stay here, I'll get some snacks. I recently got a whole stock of chips and chocolates because you always end up eating mine. I kept them in my friend's dorm, I'll go get them"

Hanma flashed you a huge grin, "aren't you the sweetest, angel?" You huffed and ran to avoid him.

He chuckled and his gaze fell on a certain book sticking out from between the mattress.

He gently removed out, thinking it was some academic book that you might later look for until his eyes fell on the neatly written letters: Diary of Baji Y/N.

'Oho! this is gonna be good,' he thought while opening the diary.

He started reading from the most recent pages.

Dear Diary,

Hanma and I hung out today. Have I ever told you how tall he is? He is 6'4! I wish I was a little taller so I could reach my hand to smack him on his head.

Why? Well you see, we went to a cafe, and he just ordered a sandwich and a cold drink. i..saw him dipping a sandwich in cola...I knew he was unhinged but my god.

Y/N

He laughed and read further.

Dear Diary,

Hanma helped me sneak into the library for material to study. He knew all the blindspots where cameras are not focused. It was so exhilarating! I felt like I was in a James Bond movie! 

When we entered the library, it was pitch dark, and we used flashlights to look for the book. When we found it, I was carefully taking out the book and suddenly the pile of books on top of the book fell.

One fell on top of my head, I hissed and it drew the attention of the person who was taking rounds. 

He called out, "who is there?" and walked close. I was so scared!

Then Hanma grabbed my hand and we huddled at the end of the book rack. We were so scared that we couldn't think properly. As soon as the person left, I realized our position.

Hanma was sitting with his back touching the shelf, his legs were folded with a little space an I was sitting between them, my hand was on his chest and his large hand was on the small of my back.