War of hearts

A/N: Check out my new fic: 'War of hearts' on Tumblr!!! 

Short chapter :(

(Edited)

You put on some casual clothes of your choice, making sure that they were breathable and comfortable to run around in, but also not look like you just woke up

You put on some casual clothes of your choice, making sure that they were breathable and comfortable to run around in, but also not look like you just woke up. (which you totally did.)

You locked your home and rushed down to meet Naoto with packs of orange juice.

"Morning," he said half-asleep, he too was wearing casual clothes, A simple black t-shirt and military print sweats.

"Good morning," you said taking the orange juice.

"Thought you wouldn't be able to make breakfast at three, so I got you some juice and sandwiches."

"Thank you," you gratefully accepted the food, moved by his concern.

"How far is the place?" you asked while clicking your seatbelt.

"Around forty minutes if we don't get stuck in traffic," he replied, "did you prepare the lines I told you to?'

"Yesh," you said while chewing on your sandwich, "It bwasn't veeally diphicult cause I was gwood at Engwish in thcool."

Naoto smiled at your reply, "good, and don't talk while eating."

"Yeth mwom," you laughed.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

You reached the Shrine at around 4:10, there were still around 20 minutes till Kakucho reached, you waited for Naoto in the car, he had gone to meet someone who worked for him, apparently, they were hiding there.

You scrolled through your phone for a while, looking at old photos.

Your fingers stopped at one particularly old one you had managed to transfer from your extremely old flip phone, many years ago; you had forgotten about the existence of this picture. It was a picture of  Keisuke eating Peyong Yakisoba, cheeks puffed with the food as he looked left at something that had caught the attention of his bronze eyes. 

You smiled softly; now Baji looked as if he was the god of lions in some mythology. With sharp teeth and sharp eyes; one can think of him as a little wild due to the way he speaks and acts--a little brutish, however, the lad had a heart of gold. He was the most gentle big brother one could wish for.

You scrolled onto the next picture.

It was a pic of Mikey, he had bent 45 degrees, smiling and winking at the camera with his hand in a 'hi' motion. You couldn't remember the last time he was smiling this much. How you, big brother, Mikey, Emma, Sanzu and Senju used to hang out together. You couldn't remember the last time you even saw the four of them, you were even beginning to forget what they looked like.

You scrolled to the next picture. It was a more recent one. A picture of your husband at club Ichor. Clad in a suit, his sin and punishment tattoos glinted in the neon lights. His face reflected the green light and his glass and messy-dyed hair shimmered iridescently. A melancholically euphoric look was contorted on his face, he looked so beautiful

You gulped harshly, looking straight ahead and closing your phone, you fluttered your eyelashes rapidly to not let any tears fall.

You had to catch the killer of your husband, whether by hook or by crook and make sure that they have the same fate as he had.

You had lost too many people you cared for already. It was as if you were cursed to lead everyone to their downfall. 

Maybe after this case, you would break the curse for everyone; that way you would be able to meet Shuji, Emma, Keisuke and your mother too.