A Promise to Keep(2)

Part two! 

Grian POV

     Everything hurt. I couldn't move. It wasn't high enough. I tried to do something, anything, before the hermits come to find me, but it hurt too much. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. . . 

Mumbo POV

     No. No. I refuse to accept this. Grian did not kill himself, he would be fine and in bed when I arrive. This is just a prank. It has to be a prank. 

     I flew towards his base. We were neighbors, his giant blender being right next to my ball. 

    There's a bloody shape on the ground. It's just an animal. It looks exactly like Grian. Maybe a doll? It was moving. Just paint. It's a prank. 

     I landed next to the figure. This is definitely Grian. It's not a prank. The pain on his face is too real. 

     "GRIAN!" He didn't look like he could hear me. I'm surprised he's still alive. "Grian. Oh no. . ." 

     I grabbed my communicator. I don't know how to heal, but maybe someone else does. Please make it Grian. I don't know what I'll do without you. 

Grian POV

     I woke up slowly. Where am I? My ears were ringing. My head hurt. No, everything hurt. 

     It came flooding back to me. I shouldn't be alive. I started to panic. 

     I tried to lift my hand up, but I couldn't. Not because it hurt to much, well, that was part of it, but because I was tied to the bed. Dangit. They weren't going to risk me trying again. 

     That won't stop me. I'll just pretend to get better, and when they let me go, I'm going to try again from higher up. I don't want to hurt them. 

     But I have a promise to keep.