Apologies🖤

Riley: again?
Mads: Riley?

I looked at her and she looked at Jaden.

Nessa: look, I don't want y'all to think we're here to pick another fight.
Riley: really? Because every time you come around you're ready to pick one.
Mads: Riley, put your niece down and go. I wanna talk them. You too Kota please.
Riley: fine.

Riley put Birdie down then walked out with Dakota.

Josh: what are you guys doing here?
Nessa: well first, I wanted to say congratulations on the wedding and now your baby.
Mads: thank you bye now.
Nessa: I know you don't like me and I'm the last person you want to see-
Mads: I wouldn't say that.

I said looking at Jaden.

Nessa: well...I also wanted to say I'm happy for you. You're happy now and that's all you wanted. Also, I'm sorry for...everything...I hurt you guys without caring and Mads, I know you kept saying you forgave me for the accident but it still haunts me knowing that I almost killed you.
Josh: it's okay...it doesn't matter.
Mads: what?
Josh: shhh...you had to do what you had to do to be happy.
Mads: huh?
Josh: you weren't happy with me and you needed to go find happiness, so it doesn't matter you're happy now and I'm happy now so it's okay.
Mads: can I talk now? Why did Riley say not again when you two showed up?
Josh: better question why did you text her and asked her to meet at Starbucks?
Jaden: I wanted to talk to her about her wedding and her pregnancy but she didn't show up, so I went to y'all baby shower but y'all weren't there either and now I know why.
Mads: why do you want to talk to me about my wedding and pregnancy?
Jaden: I wanted to say...c-congratulations.

I looked at Josh in disbelief not believing what he just said.

Mads: yeah ok.
Jaden: look, I know I treated you like shit in the past obviously and I couldn't owe up to it...but you have Josh now and obviously he's treating you the way you're supposed to be treated so congratulations.
Mads: is this a trick?
Jaden: no, all I wanted was for you find someone better than me and you did. I had my doubts with Josh because well he cheated before, but obviously he loves you so I can't stand in the way of that anymore. I'm sorry for everything I did to you guys.
Nessa: me too.
Josh: well...I guess I forgive you guys. Doesn't mean we're going to be friends, I'm just not going hold this grudge against y'all anymore.

I looked at Josh then looked back at Birdie. It was awkward silence when Josh tapped me.

Mads: mhm.
Josh: aren't you going say something.
Mads: like?
Josh: Mads.
Mads: I don't know what you want me to say.
Josh: I forgive you too?
Mads: but I don't.
Josh: Mads, you gotta be the bigger person.
Mads: no I don't. Thank you for apologies I guess but no. I was used by y'all and hurt by y'all and you didn't care but now you do? I'm not going to put myself in this situation again. I finally found happiness and I'm not going invite you back into my life so it can be taken away from me again. Y'all go do you and I'll go do me but no I don't forgive you guys especially you.

I said pointing at Jaden.

Nessa: ok.
Mads: if roles were reserve, I wouldn't want y'all to forgive me either.
Nessa: ok.

She said and walked out.

Jaden: I don't understand, why you can't forgive us like Josh did?
Mads: because him and I aren't the same. It's funny how right when I get married, have a baby, and finally start being happy in life, you want to apologize. Where was this when you cheated on me and made me feel guilty for leaving?
Jaden: I don't know...
Mads: exactly so I don't have to forgive you for anything.
Jaden: ok...I tried.

He said and walked out.

Josh: well that was just...well.
Mads: I'm sorry, I just can't forgive them as easily as you can.
Josh: I understand, I just wanted to put the past behind me.
Mads: I already put the past behind me then they showed up. I'm not even mad at them anymore I just don't want their apology years later.
Josh: yeah.

*Third Person Pov*

*Two weeks later*

Bryce: she's just- wow.
Mads: yeah she's beautiful I know.
Indiana: did not think I would have this much baby fever at 21 years old.
Bryce: for real even though I'm only 24.
Josh: here.
Bryce: what is that?
Josh: her bottle.
Mads: stick it in her mouth and feed her.
Riley: that sounded so weird
Mads: I know.
Josh: alright well I gotta go.
Mads: oh yeah bye love you.
Josh: love you too.

He left and Riley, Indiana, and Bryce looked at Mads.

Mads: what?
Indiana: where is he going?
Mads: oh, I didn't tell y'all yet?
Riley: obviously not if she asked you that question.
Mads: well excuse me...when I was six months pregnant, Josh came to me and told me he wanted to be on the hockey team.
Bryce: Josh said that?
Mads: that's what I just said. I told him you don't have to ask me because it's something he dreamed of doing for so long, so I'm not going to stand in the way of that. Anyways, he's been practicing so he can tryout for a hockey team.
Bryce: do you think he's going to make it?
Indiana: really Bryce?
Bryce: what I'm just asking.
Mads: yes, I think he's going to make it. He's been working hard for this. I don't know how long it's going to take but I have the up most faith in him.

madslewis

Liked by: itsrileylewis, indiana, brycehall, addisonraee, joshrichards, tiff

Liked by: itsrileylewis, indiana, brycehall, addisonraee, joshrichards, tiff.any.l, luvanthony, dakotalewis_, mommarichardzz, brookebutler, ken3ielee, oliviarichardz, julesleblanc, 42pt40, sabquesada, cynthiaparker, emmabrooks, kiocyr, madimonroe, amandadiaz, rileyhubatka, jaydenbartels, amiraharvey, and 456,999 others

Caption: my little bean 🤍
#justrememberyourebeautiful

Comments-
joshrichards: my girls
^madslewis: 🤍

itsrileylewis: Birdie 😻

brat: baby birdie 😍
^madslewis: yuh 😀

indiana: 😍😍😍

oliviarichardz: 🤩🤩🤩

tiff.any.l: sweet Birdie and Madison 🤍
^madslewis: love you mommy 🖤

user6561712: I bet Birdie is so cute

user988181: I thought she was supposed to have her in December

moshship: little Birdie 😻

user526525: Mads 😻

user988722: baby fever ☺️

user827262: I know you're an amazing mom already.

user662726: so glad you're happy again.

user876116: I bet she's so cute 🥹🤍