Dreams🖤

*Four months later*

Mads and Josh woke up to sound of Birdie crying from the baby monitor.

Josh: I got her.
Mads: no, I got her. I forgot to pump earlier so I have to go feed her.
Josh: ok.

Mads got up and went to Birdie's room. She picked her up and started feeding then went downstairs. She looked at the oven and seen it was 3:46 in the morning. She sat down on the couch and closed and opened her eyes while feeding Birdie. When she finished feeding her, she started patting her back to burp her. After that she put in her bassinet and watched her fall asleep.

Mads got up and grabbed her pump to breastfeed. She sat back down on the couch and started pumping trying to keep her eyes opened. When she finished, she put the breast milk in the freezer and slowly picked up Birdie trying not wake her up. She slowly walked upstairs and put her back in her crib.

Mads closed the door quietly and walked back to her room and plopped down on the bed.

Mads: ow.
Josh: what took you so long?
Mads: I had to pump.

Josh wrapped his arms around her as she went back to sleep.

*6:28 am*

Mads was sleeping peacefully with Josh when Birdie starting crying again.

Mads: *groans*
Josh: I'll get her this time.

He got out of bed and Mads wrapped the blanket around her again. Just as she was getting comfortable again her phone started going off.

Mads: ugh.

She grabbed her phone unplugging it then answering it.

Mads: *sleepy voice* hello?
Tiffany: someone sounds sleepy.
Mads: mom, its 6 in the morning what is it?
Tiffany: you know about me and your fathers anniversary coming up right?
Mads: yes?
Tiffany: well, we're having an anniversary party in three days and we wanted to know if you and Josh would be able to make it.
Mads: mom, this could of waited till later.
Tiffany: I know but can y'all?
Mads: yes mom, is that it?
Tiffany: yes, bye I'll talk to you later love you.
Mads: love you too.

Mads hanged up and put her phone underneath her pillow and rolled over to go back to sleep.

*8:30 am*

Mads alarm went off and she quickly shut it off and slowly got up. She seen Josh nowhere to be found in the room so she went downstairs to the kitchen to see Josh surprisingly cooking.

Mads: is Joshua Kenneth Richards cooking?
Josh: government name necessary?
Mads: yes. Wonder how this is going to taste.
Josh: what is that suppose to mean.
Mads: you can't cook I tasted your food before it's not good.
Josh: that was rude...true but rude. My cooking has grown.
Mads: and what do you mean by that?
Josh: it's gotten better.
Mads: ok, well my parents wedding anniversary is in three days and we're going to that.
Josh: ok fine by me.
Mads: Where's Birdie?
Josh: in the living room with Anthony.
Mads: Anthony's here?
Josh: yeah, something about seeing his birthday twin.

Mads walked out of the kitchen to the living room. She cleared her throat and Anthony looked up at her.

Anthony: good morning.
Mads: morning. Why are you here so early.
Anthony: it's only eight and I had to come see my birthday twin.
Mads: she was born three days before you.
Anthony: still my birthday twin.
Mads: what- forget it.
Anthony: good idea. She's just so cute with her little smiles she gives me.
Mads: is someone-
Anthony: I know what you're about to say and the answer is no. I still plan on being married first.
Mads: you and Avani have been together for what four years now. Y'all should be married by now.
Anthony: we're not going to rush into a marriage like you and Josh did.
Mads: hey, we both knew we wanted this so shh.
Anthony: I just want to wait another year or ten.
Mads: is someone scared?
Anthony: Anfony ain't scared of anything. You heard that little bird, you'll be calling me Uncle Anfony.