He Saved Me || Part 6: A Mother's Love

(TW: Eating disorder and family issues)

Norman's POV

I really didn't deserve to eat that night, it's true. Maria's kind and all but.. I feel guilty when I eat... I always had to sneak out the house 1-2 some in the morning just to buy something for me and Alice. Mom was neglectful of me and Alice. So, what I decided to do was to... ask Maria to put my leftovers in the fridge.. I'm thinking of eating them for lunch.. but I'll wait on it. I tried to reach my dad... and he.. picked up.. I think. But I think his phone died..

It was 9PM, I needed to tell Maria the truth about my eating habits.. I was scared at first but to hell with it, she's an understanding person. I walk upstairs to get ready for bed and stop by her room. She was reading a book and concentrating on something. "Knock knock..." I shyly peered into her doorway. I was afraid as hell. "Norman, baby what's up?" She bookmarks where she is, sets her book down, takes off her glasses and asks me to sit and talk.

Maria's POV

"Norman, baby what's wrong?" I ask. I set down my book and take off my reading glasses. I made the motion for him to come on in and sit down. He sat down and he was really nervous, I could tell. I told him he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to. He got up and hugged me and said "you know what never mind but do you need any help with chores?" I nodded and pointed to the dishes. Norman's a kind soul, he didn't deserve the treatment he had with you damnit, if you only took care of your damn children, he would be in a better place !! I wish you were in a psych ward, pray to the Lord for forgiveness first, then you'll be placed in there. No fucking wonder.

Morgan's POV
"Hey Norman do you need help with the dishes??" I ask. He shakes his head no but I go in and hug him from behind and he stops in his tracks. I let go and start to stutter a bit while saying "oh well um just let me know if you need help" I felt warm and fuzzy on the inside and I didn't feel sick but at the same time I did I felt like I just reached heaven. I could never like him tho right? He's straight and so am I. At least I think I'm not sure all I know is that I use he/they pronouns but that has to be the only thing right? Norman makes me happy he deserves the world he really does. I look up and I see that Norman looks like an apple!! I assumed it was out embarrassment. I ran out that room and when I left I heard the sink turn back on and Norman went back to the dishes. I went up stairs and opened my laptop and searched up "am I gay?" I hesitated to press enter and I closed my laptop when Norman walked in. I took a heavy sigh as he sat next to me near the window and he looked at my guitar and asked. "Can you play a song for... me..." I pick up the guitar and start strumming. He leans his head on me. He seems really happy. he deserves to be happy he needs it really. While playing our favorite song.

Word count: 629