He Saved Me || Part 20: Judgement Day

(Third person POV)
Watching and waiting, watching and waiting is what everyone did today. Norman and Alice sat outside the court room, eyeing each other nervously. The walls were painted dull green and lined with benches to support each person waiting for their shit show of mother's court appearance. There was a coolness in the air from the air conditioning that made it impossible for anyone to doze off or make small talk. Every minute felt like an eternity as they anxiously awaited news of their mother's fate within those four walls. They clasped hands out of habit, but there was nothing else either one could do except wait patiently together in hope for justice to be served and for her sorry ass to go to jail.

Norman and Alice were called to the grand marble steps of the court house, their palms sweating with anxiety. They could feel eyes on them as they stepped confidently up to the witness box, greeted with a nod from the Judge. As he read out their mother's charges against her - of child abuse and neglect while she was in an alcoholic stupor and her selling illegal drugs. Inside, their stomachs sank at what might be said next regarding that long-lost time when alcohol had reigned supreme over all else in that dark household. They steeled themselves for what was to come- for whatever is to
happen next.

Morgan was also nervous as well, his palms were clammy, he felt tears sting his eyes. All eyes were on him, his boyfriend, and his sister. Mind you, the press was also there... this wasn't local, no, this was national news. He watched with sweat running down his forehead... his heart pounding through his chest like a little girl.  Then, Norman began to speak, this was his witness testimony. He cleared his throat and began. "Good afternoon to you all, as well as the jury..." Norman began his witness impact statement. "Today... I am here to tell the truth about Catherine Anne Rover and what she's done to me and my sister, Alice. First and foremost, she's an alcoholic. One who abused her power, drove her husband out of her home, and abused myself and my sister."

"Ever since my dad left, my mom which was around when my sister was born she has spiraled into a deep drinking and drug problem that I can confidently say has effected me and my sister in so many ways. I have scars that I have been a result and as well as a reminder of her being too high or drunk and becoming violent. She has stolen my sister's pills and sold illegal drugs on the streets while I was in the car waiting for her. Both me and my sister have had enough of her abuse. So in my defense, Catherine should be ashamed of herself. She should have to deal with 10 to 20 years... to life without parole or bond." Norman sniffled... the tears falling down his face as he tried to keep going, his voice cracking. "Catherine Anne was never a loving wife, nor a loving mother. She is an addict who deserves nothing but the worst when she is booked in prison." The camera's shuttered, the news outlets were there as well. He continued... from his perspective, everything was dizzying.

Maria couldn't keep herself from crying too, the amount of assertiveness he displayed while delivering a victim impact statement. After a few minutes... the verdict was delivered. Judge Johnson finally said it: "We the jury, find Catherine Anne Rover guilty of child abuse in the first degree, child endangerment in the first degree, possession of drugs, assault in the first degree..." After he read the charges; Catherine began to have a bitter looking expression while staring down her son. The bailiffs began to take to her out while she screamed: "BURN! BURN IN HELL YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" "I AM YOUR MOTHER!" The cameras flashed and much more... which overstimulated Alice. All while Maria, Morgan, Lukas and his husband all began to cry together. Justice was finally served. As it should have been.

At the end of this long, ever so winding road...

(Playing: Lovers Rock and Not Allowed by TV Girl) 

The night came, and everyone had just gotten home. They stayed on the outside though, the grill was burning; the smell of charcoal, burgers and a few other things were being put on the grill. Morgan comes outside to his friends and family, laughing and having a good time. The sky was tainted with hues of red, purple, and orange, meaning that the sun was setting. Alice, Alyssa, Lukas, Norman, and Maria were all having a good time. The sun had fully set after thirty minutes; everyone went inside... except for three people.

"...are you drunk?" Alice pokes the shoulder of her older brother who is sprawled out on his father's front lawn like a dead man just found. "Hey! Norman?! Get up!" Alice shouted, trying to get the attention of her brother. "Norman, get. the.  fuck. UP!" Alice screamed and then walked up to everyone else. "Y'all, Norman Rover dead at 17!" She says, all while pointing at Norman and holding in her laugh. Maria screams falling for Alice's joke. Norman gets up ans taps alice on the shoulder "I'm back from the dead bitch!" Norman shouts while laughing, his middle finger raised towards everyone. Morgan walks in "Okay no more beer for you babe." He says then kisses him softly.

A few minutes pass, and everyone went to bed. Except for Morgan and Norman. They stay up cuddling and talking. Norman looks and Morgan lovingly and says "thank you for being there with me baby i've been wanting to say this for awhile but i love you seriously i love you.." Morgan looks and Norman and replies with "i love you too Norman.." and they start to cry a bit and kiss each other softly and hug.
_____________________________________
HEY GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING OUR STORY IT ISNT THE END YET THO BECAUSE WE PLAN TO HAVE STORIES FOR EVERY CHARACTER SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR MORGANS STORY COMING SOON!! ❤️❤️

word count: 1038 words