VII

A Bʀᴇᴀᴋ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Dᴇᴀᴅ ᴢᴏɴᴇ?

This week would be a very rare occurrence, Yul decided that the children and of course M/n needed a break from the wasteland they traveled, this time around they entered the light territory to reach the wood territory to rest near a tribe they wer...

This week would be a very rare occurrence, Yul decided that the children and of course M/n needed a break from the wasteland they traveled, this time around they entered the light territory to reach the wood territory to rest near a tribe they were close with.
"So this is the wood territory! Holy shit I forgot that this is what normal plants look like."

"And this is the exact reason we come here, it helps the children get a visual of what the dead-zone used to look like. Take a hike around for a while but make sure to get back before sundown, that's when the monsters come out."

"But the monsters don't attack me."

"It's... It's mating season and you don't want to witness that."M/n makes an 'o' face not understanding the warning given to him. Watching weird monsters fuck wasn't on his list of things to see.
"Hmm, alright... It's a shame that Garu and Karu didn't come with us..."

"Everyone has their reasons, now off ya go little one~"M/n rolls his eyes at Tyki before securing his hunting knife to his thigh and making sure he had enough arrows in his quiver. Once his check was over, he heads into the forest just a walk away from the village.
M/n was in awe for a moment, how long has it been since he saw normal animals or plant life? There were flowers everywhere except one... Tulips.
"Hm, Tulips only grow in the dead zone. I guess it's the flower of decay here, I quite like that."He kneels in the grass near a large group of daffodils, and a look of joy washes over him when he remembers their meaning.
"Rebirth and new beginnings...Such a beautiful meaning."He stands to travel further off but runs smack dab into a chest! He staggers back but not enough to crush the flowers.
"Who the-"

"Why are you in the forest?"

"No 'hello how are you?' or 'hello my name is..?' anymore? We're just jumping straight to the point I see. The audacity."The man was taken back by this and clears his throat.

"Apologies, my name is Quincy."

"M/n and to answer your question, my clan and I left the dead zone for a while and came here for a change of scenery."

"The dead zone but you're human?"M/n explains that he was taken in by the Silvia clan and taught how to survive alongside them.
"Ah, that explains the colors you wear and the way you hold yourself...But you're also a clan member of Huey's. I can sense the essence flowing around you."

"I keep hearing that name but I don't ask questions because it's not my business. Anyway, do you live here?"Quincy grunts in response, the small ferret perks up, curiosity shining in its void eyes. He jumps from Quincy and immediately blends in with M/n's white hair.
"Friend!! We share same fur!"

"Hehe, I guess we do! You're so stinkin cute!"

"You can understand him?"

"Yeah!"M/n chuckles lightly as the little Ferret playful nips at his ears and cheek, happy to be sharing something in common with the nice stranger.
"He seems happy to meet you, M/n."

"What about you?"

"I guess the feeling is mutual."M/n became a bit giddy at the thought of having a human friend in this world.
"Oh before I forget! You have the softest pecks I've ever had the pleasure of putting my face against!"

"....You... You're strange but thank you. Don't be troublesome, keep yourself safe in the forest."The white-haired male beams at the gentle giant and his little companion; who jumped back to his previous spot.
"I hope we can meet next time my clan stop to rest here!"Quincy allows a ghost of a smile to show itself as he waves off the male.
I suddenly don't feel as tired anymore, so this is just an inkling of his power...I wonder if he knows how to use it?
"It's been so long since I've heard about the Silvia clan taking in a human. What a strange change of pace.."