XLIV

Pᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴜᴘ?; Yᴀᴋᴜᴍᴏ ᴀɴᴅ M/ɴ

Since the destruction of M/n's home, he's been staying in his old room with Kuya

Since the destruction of M/n's home, he's been staying in his old room with Kuya. Things were strange in the manor and quite frankly tense. On this rare day, the only two left in the manor were M/n and Yakumo. So M/n decided to make the first move to speak.
"Oi, Yakumo. Let's talk for a while, yeah?"

"....Why? Why should we talk?"

"Uh because I don't hate you."Yakumo opens his mouth but his words fall flat when he realizes what M/n said. He blinks and then immediately nods his head. M/n leads the serpent into the woods and towards the pound, he first took Kuya to. He takes a seat at the side of the pound and slips his feet into the cool water, Yakumo follows but he sits with a large gap between himself and M/n.
"What do you want to talk about?"

"First I'm going to say sorry for kicking your ass and calling you a worthless bottom bitch. I keep forgetting that you don't know what an actual relationship is like, so you think this is how a real poly relationship works."

"It's okay, I was also in the wrong...I'm sorry about your home."The two smiles at each other and Yakumo closes the gap between them, feeling a bit more comfortable.
"Yakumo I know what it's like to be in your position but it was degrading and gross but I did what I had to. Did he ever ask for your consent when it came to the others?"

"...No, I was just happy to belong somewhere and have love."

"You see Yakumo, consent in a poly relationship is a must for it to work. Everyone has to be okay with the arrangement. I'm not sure if you noticed but Quincy and Olivine are in a relationship."Yakumo tears his attention away from the Koi fish in the pound to stare at M/n in shock! He couldn't tell one bit.
"Since when?!"

"Like a month ago, geez!! Keep up, hahaha!"M/n laughs at the shocked man next to him and then explains that he and Eiden seemed to be the only ones who doesn't know or just didn't notice.
"Wow..."

"Yeah, maybe you should try to date around a bit. I'm sure Edmond wouldn't mind dating you and Eiden would be none the wiser since he has Blade to fuck around with. Honestly, Yakumo you're too cute to be running after Eiden. If anything it should be the other way around."Yakumo blushes at M/n's sweet words, he felt happy with those words.
"Thank you for saying that, M/n... You're so nice, I wish I noticed this sooner and maybe things would have been different. Because now I see that you were concerned about me even when you were harsh towards me."

"I just want you to see your worth before you're too stuck in his ways, that's all. I still have much to learn about better delivery on my worries of others, heh."

"Definitely needs work."For the first time, Yakumo and M/n were fully on the same page, it was light between the two and Yakumo could suddenly smell Tulips and honey.
"Where is that smell coming from?"

"Oh, it's coming from me. First time smelling Tulips?"

"Yes! It's quite a warm and pleasant smell...Hey, I wanted to ask something."Yakumo shyly fidgets with his earring for a moment.
"What is it, Yakumo?"

"Could... Could you make me that sugar-covered watermelon you made some time ago? I heard from Olivine that it was pretty nice to eat and that the children loved it."

"Of course! Come on, everyone will be back later today so we'll still have the manor to ourselves!"

🌘🌘🌘

M/n and Yakumo were chattering happily in the kitchen after making an entire bowl of sugar-covered fruit for the other and were snacking on the bowl they made for themselves. Yakumo could finally understand what the others were talking about when it came to M/n, he truly was a sweetheart with a few rough edges.
"Nice to see you two getting along~"

"Hello, my darling fox!"Kuya kisses M/n on the cheek then looks down at the table, just as the others walk into the kitchen.
"Is that a bowl of-"

"Yep."Kuya looked between the bowl and the others who entered the kitchen, he quickly claims the watermelon piece before Quincy could, this turned into a colorful argument about the last bowl of sugar-covered fruit between the two older men.
"Is that normal?"

"As normal as it's going to get around here, Yakumo."

"I...I like this."