XLI

Lᴏᴠᴇ

Life became stranger for Eiden, no matter what he did or said, Kuya wouldn't pay an ounce of attention to him like the others, his focus was only on M/n; who continue to live in his small home in the garden and it seemed as if Kuya practically mov...

Life became stranger for Eiden, no matter what he did or said, Kuya wouldn't pay an ounce of attention to him like the others, his focus was only on M/n; who continue to live in his small home in the garden and it seemed as if Kuya practically moved in with how much time he spends at M/n's side. At first, Eiden just thought the Kitsune was worried about the youngest since his wing was still injured but as he watches Kuya fret over M/n it was clear that it was more than just worry...
"Mmh Ku-Ku...Move over a bit.."

"Sorry, how's this?"

"Better.."Through M/n found it taxing to sleep with his wings out, the two managed to make it work. M/n drifts back to sleep after unconsciously snuggling up to Kuya, but the poor Kitsune was left awake and flustered.
"Too cute for your own good.."When was the last time he felt like this with anyone? It was a certain type of peace and M/n gave it to him.

Watching the male next to him sleep made him fall even further.
"

How long have you had my heart in the palm of your hands? Do you intend on releasing it? I hope not, keep my heart for as long as you want, even if you don't need or want it...Just..."Kuya sighs as he tucks some of M/n's hair behind his ears.

Before Kuya could finish his somber thought, a soft knock sounds from the door of M/n cute home. The Kitsune reluctantly leaves the bed to stumble over to the door, he wasn't expecting it to be Eiden when he opened the door. He quickly pushes Eiden back as he walks out of the house and quietly closes the door behind him.
"What are you doing?"

"I wanted to talk to you-"

"Why? It's not like you need to, Eiden.."Silence fills the air between them for a moment before Eiden speaks up again.
"You really love him don't you?"

"Yes, why do you care?"Kuya said in a defensive tone of voice. He couldn't understand why Eiden cared.
"I...Uh, I don't know."

"Then leave Eiden. You have others, you don't need us. Don't get in the way of the happiness of others."Eiden rubs the back of his head, a bit embarrassed before rushing off. Kuya huffs a bit, why was Eiden doing this? He had eight other people at his feet and yet, he was so focused on M/n.
Is this how Huey would have been if Briareos didn't love him? So strange...
He looks over his shoulder at M/n, the male was sitting up from his bed, a bit hunched over and rubbing his tired eyes.
"Uwah, I feel like I slept too long..."

"Well you did, little bird. It's midday. I tried to wake you but you asked me to move over and snuggle up with me. Hungry yet?"

"No...Maybe...Give me an apple."Kuya chuckles lightly and on reflex, he leans and kisses M/n on the side of his head. M/n's head shot up, it was a surprise to him. The Kitsune would usually ask permission, Kuya attempts to backtrack from his actions but M/n smiles.
"You look adorable, Ku~"

"Oh hush and eat the damn apple."Kuya said snatching an apple from the nearby table and shoving it towards M/n. The Phoenix reaches out for it but his hand wraps around Kuya's wrist. He smirks while pulling the older male closer and gently places a kiss on Kuya's lips.
"I- why- what?"

"...I...Uh, adore you Kuya."Kuya's ears slump as his tail sways happily. He was waiting to hear those words from M/n, hell he feared he wouldn't get the chance to hear them but here they are.
"Does that mean..."

"Yeah, what did you think it meant, stupid?"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure you won't be taken away from me, ever."Kuya tackles M/n to the bed, pampering the others face with kisses.
"Ahahaha! Calm down Ku-Ku!"

"Absolutely not my beloved Phoenix, you're mine and I must provide evidence for the world to see~"

"Wait Kuya- Aaahhh~"