XL

Tʜᴇ Fɪʀᴇ Aʟᴛᴇʀ

Dante, after punishing Eiden and the child, was prepared to show M/n, Kuya, and Eiden to the Alter until an earthquake tears through the territory

Dante, after punishing Eiden and the child, was prepared to show M/n, Kuya, and Eiden to the Alter until an earthquake tears through the territory. Everyone staggers from the sudden shakes, worried M/n rushes off to the city to aid in getting people to safety causing the others to bolt after him.
"M/n! Don't worry about them, the guards will do their job-"

"If I can help I will!"M/n finally transformed into his Phoenix form to catch falling debris to avoid casualties. Dante was in awe at the selflessness that M/n displayed for his people, so he too jumps into action after Kuya to guide people while M/n acted as a shield.
"Master! What's going on!?"

"We don't know, help as much as you can."Aster nods and then calls Blade over to help, he too used his body to shield humans until everyone was safe.
"Alright!"M/n's voice booms from above before he returns to normal.
"Blade, stay here with the guard and help if enemies decide that now is a time to strike."

"Okay~!!"

"Aster, keep a detailed headcount of the humans! Have those who can hold their own accompany you to gather food and water for those in the shelter, if there are any doctors or anyone who can tend to injuries have them check on the elderly, women, and children first."

"Right!"The two strike off after M/n's orders, he then turns to face the other three with a serious expression.
"We need to hurry, who knows what awaits us at the Alter."

"You're right, let's not waste time anymore."

🌘🌘🌘

When they finally arrived at the Alter sight M/n physically recoils from the miasma coming from the alter.
"M/n?"

"I-I refuse to approach that thing!!"

"M/n we all have to do this, I'll hold your hand if that'll put you at ease?"Kuya held his hand out for M/n to take. M/n swallows dryly as the energy from the alter was making him sick all over again. He takes Kuya's hand, feeling a bit better, and nods. The four quickly approach the alter and it was just as bad as M/n thought.
"Hurry we need to purify it.

"Ugh, Ye-Yeah.."Everyone places a hand on the altar and begins to purify it as a whole but near the end, something felt extremely wrong to M/n causing him to nearly scurry back but was stopped by the hand still holding Kuya's.
"Everyone move back!!"However it was too late, M/n deploys his wings to attempt to protect himself and Kuya as best he could just as the Alter explodes.
"Gah!!Fuck!"M/n drops pulling in his right wing as his body trembles from pain.
"M/n what happened?!"

"There are fucking shards in my wing!!"

"Hold your wing still, I'll pull them out. Dante- Nevermind, you two do whatever you need to over there and out of sight, M/n hold my tail, just don't rip it off."

"Ngh, v-very funny.."M/n mutters in pain as he now gently clutches Kuya's tail. The Kitsune took a deep breath as he grabs simi large shard and pulls! M/nletss out a jarring scream of pain that he couldn't hold back even if he tried.
"The big one is out, the smaller ones shouldn't hurt as much."As Kuya said, the small pieces were easier to pull out but it didn't mean it wasn't slightly painful. The pain was unbearable and many times M/n wanted Kuya to stop but they needed to be removed much to his luck, Kuya was pulling out the last shard just as Eiden and Dante return.
"How many?"

"Nineteen shards, M/n how are you holding up?"Kuya asks as he quickly shoves the shards into Eiden's hands, the white-haired male could only huff out and grimace in pain. Kuya wraps M/n's wing to stop any bleeding.
"You did good M/n.."

"Shut up..." Kuya chuckles lightly as he pulls M/n to lean against him, though M/n's words sound harsh, he meant well.
"Well we have nineteen shards, what about the rest?"

"This could prove to be taxing to search for those fragments..."

"Oh! I know who to ask for help!"Everyone looks over at Eiden with a questioned expression and M/n was first to sigh.
"Alright let's-"

"No way in hell you're helping out, did you already forget that you were injured? You'll rest and help out at the shelter."

"Geez, okay mister bossy fucking Sun Lord!"

"Shut up brat!"

"Make me!"Kuya sighs as M/n and Dante argue, Eiden, of course, felt excluded from the group. He felt left out but he was happy to see M/n being expressive with others.
Why can't I accept that we'll never be friends?