XXVIII

Mᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅᴇʀ

Eiden was gasping for air after he was dropped, his only thought being that M/n was going to kill if he didn't randomly pass out as he did

Eiden was gasping for air after he was dropped, his only thought being that M/n was going to kill if he didn't randomly pass out as he did. That he was grateful for, the cold air coming from the rain chilled his burning neck that ached with each breath he took. At first, the male was going to pull M/n into the cave but the fear of M/n waking up stops him, resulting in Eiden leaving M/n there but he stayed near the opening of the cave to watch over the passed out white-haired male.
A few more seconds and my name could have been on a headstone...Why did he faint like that?
Eiden was baffled by it all, but he knew one thing, M/n was to be feared when he isn't in the company of others.

Within the chaos of M/n's conscious mind, he lay in darkness, it was cold like the rain pelting his body.
"M/n, you can't kill him."

"Who are you?"M/n asked the darkness surrounding him, it was strange to be talking to the abyss, especially when it spoke first. The dark abyss shifts into a field of tulips and a blue sky with clouds. The shift causes M/n to bolt up but when he does, he was expecting to hurt his broken arm just to see it was okay.
"Oi, I asked a question."

"No need to be so rough around the edges, I'm Briareos, the first holder of the Monochromatic jewel."M/n finally turns his right to gaze at the voice next to him.

"M/n finally turns his right to gaze at the voice next to him

Briareos held a sorrowful gaze as he looks at M/n.
"M/n, please think about your actions towards the only person who can truly fix everything. "

"Oh I do think about it and I think strangling him is perfect, such an intimate act when I could burn him alive. Just like you should have done to Huey, instead, you allowed him to break you..."Briareos was stunned, how and why does M/n know this when this is the first time they've met.
"Levi told me about your toxic relationship with Huey.."

"Oh.."

"I knew immediately when you said your name...For a powerful being, you allowed a human to treat you like you were nothing. Is this our fate? To be born with bad luck, to experience pain and sorrow on a constant loop while they get to be happy?! That's not fair and you know it. I know it for sure, and yet you're hinting that I should lie down and be bred like a bitch in heat!"Tears cascade across M/n's cheek, just the thought of going through something like this again pulled old memories, ones he'd wish he could forget to the surface.
"I will not live my life like that again... To be someone's bitch to be breed, to satisfy their needs above my own, to wait for them hand and foot, and be ready for them at all times.. I've worked too hard to not be in that position."He spoke through the tears that continues to flood down his face.

Briareos knew all too well...He never wanted to pass his burdens onto the next holder.
"...Do as you wish, just don't kill him.."

"Fuck you."Was the last thing M/n uttered before waking up on the cold hard ground. The rain still pelts his tired body but that doesn't stop him from standing and walking away. Eiden was none the wiser having fallen asleep against the cave wall.

He trudged around for a day before he found a place to hide away. Unfolding the wings he never used, he makes himself comfortable, situated at the far back of the cave, and wraps himself with his wings to keep warm.
"Life is so unfair.."Exhaustion settles into his body just as someone finds him, it was Levi. He yells for the others as he rushes towards M/n.
"M/n, I'm here now and I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner."

"How is he?"Olivine was first to enter after Levi, from what the priest could see, M/n was in bad shape.
"It seems his arm is broken, could you heal him?"

"Yes but not here, let's get him somewhere else. Morvay and Aster are searching above while Quincy and Kuya search by land for Eiden. It shouldn't be a problem to return to Quincy's home where Yakumo is."

"No, Kuya said to take M/n to his home if we found him first."