chapter eleven

real life, imessage

"no, fuck that. sarah and john b. kiara and jj. pope and cleo." lilith objects from the front, looking back at chris and nick.

"but kiara and pope were great together." chris replies, hanging onto her seat.

"kiara only slept with pope because she couldn't have john b." lilith begins going into detail about her theories. chris watches intently as she gets into something she feels strongly about. he makes comments here and there just to make her talk even more.

he takes this time to admire her features. the way her green eyes glow when the sun meets them, or how they squint when she laughs. if he looks hard enough when she laughs, he can see slight dimples in her cheeks. even just the way she carries herself. her light and caring personality but also the sassy and sarcastic aspect of her.

christopher can't help but fall more in love with this girl. he feels like a cliché as he gets bubbly inside when she flashes her big smile at him, or giggles at his jokes. and whenever she kissed his cheek... he swears up and down he could've died right then and there.

"chris, are you listening?" lilith looks at him, blushing slightly as she catches him staring. he nods and sits back in his seat, turning red at the fact that she found him staring at her.

"was he staring at you?" matt whispers to lili when she faces the front of the car. lilith nods and looks over at him, grinning.

"yeah."

"he's so into you, lilith. everyone can see it but you." matthew keeps his low volume so that chris can't hear them talking.

"nope. i don't think so." lilith shakes her head. "we're just friends."

"i'm going to quote tate mcrae for a second here, 'friends don't look at friends that way'." lilith rolls her eyes at him, turning around to see chris' eyes down on his phone.

"what are you two conversing quietly about up there?" nick asks, poking at lilith's side, making her giggle quietly.

"none of your business, nicolas." matthew replies, in a sassy tone.

"well, excuse me then! i'll just have a conspirational convo with christopher." nick puts his hand over his mouth as he whispers in chris' ear.

"no fucking way. shut up with that shit, nick." chris pushes him away and leans into the door.

"what did you say?" lili looks back at him.

"none of your business, lilith mariana." nick copies the sassy tone matt used earlier to reply to her.

lilith only laughs it off to open a text from chris.

chrispy🤌🏼

hey

why are you texting
we are literally in the same car?

i need to talk to you later
i don't want the guys to hear

oh okay

they ask too many damn questions

this is vv true

you look so pretty.

you can't even see my face

i just know you look gorgeous rn
i hope your face is red
and there's a big grin on your face
despite the fact that matt could look over and see you rn

chris
literally i will throw my phone at you

do it then
bitch

lilith grabs an empty and tosses it in the backseat, hitting chris square in the forehead. she laughs loudly after hearing the sound it made.