chapter twenty-three

real life, social media

"lilith..." mary lou whispers, gently rubbing her arm. "lili, honey."

lilith slowly opens her eyes to see the sturniolo's mother standing above the bed with a sweet smile.

"it's five, honey. you've got to get ready to go." mary lou whispers, careful not to wake up her youngest son. lilith nods and sits up slowly and climbs out of the bed.

she leaves the room and goes into nick's, where harley and peyton are packing their things.

"i'm so not ready to go back." lilith complains, dropping down next to her suitcase.

-

lilith.dane

seen by 23,322

seen by 23,322

as they drive to the airport, the car is silent. no one wants to talk in fear that they'll begin to get emotional.

they all squished up in the car as matt drives. chris and lili are in the front seat- which is illegal, but they don't really care. nick, peyton and harley are in the middle row and flynn, grey and ridge are in the very back.

-

the triplets help the others with carrying their baggage in. they got there about 10 minutes earlier just so they would have enough time to say goodbye.

nick starts by pulling lilith into a tight hug, starting the flow of tears.

"i'm gonna miss you so much." he says into her neck.

everyone else is saying goodbye as nick and lilith hug. lilith has tears running down her face as she breaks away from the hug with nick. matt looks at her with a small smile and opens his arms.

"matty b." she sobs into his shoulder.

"lili m." his eyes get glossy as he hugs lilith tighter. even though it isn't talked about much, matt and lili are very close. lili would describe matthew as her platonic soulmate, and he would say she's like a sister to him.

"i'm gonna miss you a fucking lot." lilith whispers into his chest. he rubs her back as they hug, calming her down slightly before she gets to chris because he knows she's about to bawl her eyes out.

"call me anytime you need anything." matt says, pulling away from her. "i'll pick up every time." lilith nods, going to the person she's been dreading to tell goodbye.

"hi chris." she smiles as she walks over to him. he's already wearing a frown.

"hi lili." chris takes lilith into his arms.

"i don't want to say goodbye." lilith sobs, wetting chris' shirt with her tears.

"i wish you could just stay." his voice breaks. "fuck school, y'know?" chris lightens her mood slightly, making her laugh.