chapter twenty-one

real life, imessage

nick's idea ended with the teenagers in groups of two and one of three. nick and grey, flynn and matt, chris and ridge, and lilith, peyton and harley.

"wait, wait, wait. this isn't fair." ridge starts, pointing his hand towards the group of girls. "they're literally girls. they bake for fun."

"he's not wrong." flynn adds, leaning against the counter.

"actually, lili bakes for fun. me and harls suck ass at it." peyton states.

"i want a different group. i can guess at how bad this kid is at cooking." chris points his thumb over to ridge.

they end up changing groups. this time, it's nick, grey and peyton; chris, lilith and ridge; flynn, matt and harley.

"so, we changed groups because chris is a little bitch who does nothing but complain." nick explains, looking into the camera. "anyways, today we are doing a group baking competition."

"but there's a twist!" harley says, standing closely to matthew.

"one of the members have to be blindfolded. particularly, the person who is the best at cooking." matt adds, talking to the camera. "in our group, we get to blindfold ms harley ashford over here." matt throws an arm over harley's shoulder.

lilith notices how close they are and how cute they would be together as a couple.

"and unfortunately, lili has to get blindfolded in ours." chris stands behind her as she leans with her hands on the countertop.

"it's because we all know i needed an obstacle so i wouldn't win as easily." lilith nods with a smile as she talks.

"this is very true." nick says from the other side of the room.

"i want to make a cake!" peyton yells from the pantry with nick. they walk out with many boxes of batter for cake.

christopher unconsciously wraps his arms around lilith's waist and leans his head on her shoulder. she leans her head against his while looking at the box for ingredients.

looking through the refrigerator, ridge calls out. "you guys don't have eggs! who doesn't have eggs in their fridge?"

"obviously them." lilith replies, looking over the ingredients.

"they're right fucking here, dumbass." matt points in the fridge before grabbing the carton of eggs.

"are you blind or something?" grey rolls his eyes, grabbing the amount of eggs they need.

"wait! someone blindfold lilith before she cheats!" nick yells, pointing at her.

"i'm literally reading the instructions." lilith puts the box down as chris pulls her hair back so he can tie the bandana over her eyes.

"this is not the way i pictured this happening." chris whispers into lilith's ear, making her laugh quietly.

"the fuck?" she replies, when chris turns her around. he adjusts the blindfold, making sure she can't see.

"okay! we all have someone in our group blinded right?" nick asks over the loud voices of the teenagers. they all reply in unison. "so get started. the other two can help slightly. by telling the blind one what to do and handing them the ingredients. got it?"

chris starts reading off the box while ridge hands lilith the right ingredients. as she adds the bag of cake mix to the bowl, it powders up, making a cloud appear. chris waves it away and ridge hands her the right amount of water.