chapter eighteen

real life, social media

"bitches, we should read out dms." grey suggests from the backseat, smacking his hand on nicks headrest. "like, not switch phones or nothing, but read our own."

"okay, grey! i see you!" nick yells, fist bumping him. everyone pulls out their phones, opens instagram and goes to the direct message portion.

"jesus. i have so many that are unread." lilith says, scrolling through the lot of them. chris looks at both of their phones, which are in front of lilith.

"me too." he replies, resting his head on her shoulder, neither of them thinking anything of it.

"i'll start: bro, aren't you friends with lilith dane?? she's hot. should give me her number." ridge reads from the back, laughing as he replies to them.

"what are you replying with?!" lilith turns around, watching his thumbs move quickly over the screen as he looks down with a smile.

"i said- she's not for sale, buddy. try again next year." ridge says, making the car laugh loudly.

"nickkk, your brother chris is literally so fine. is he single??" nicolas gags, and puts his hand over his mouth, shaking his head. "DISGUSTING! you bitches are NASTY!"

"oh my lord, peyton, you are absolutely the most beautiful thing in the world. give me your social security and i'll send some money to you!" peyton looks into the camera. "do you think i'm fucking stupid?"

"harley, you are actually so pretty! i love your videos, and you seem like such a fun person to be around!! if you're fine with it, i would love to hang out with you, peyton and lilith sometime! mssg me back if you okay with it!!" harley smiles down at her phone.

"aww, she's actually so sweet! message her back asking her the normals, like how old she is, where she's from... y'know." peyton suggests from beside her.

"matty b !! i absolutely love yalls youtube videos ! you're definitely the hottest !! don't tell the others though ..." matt's face twists at the nickname, but it turns to a smug smile at the compliment.

"NO! we all know i'm the hottest. i think we've already established this in our other dm video!" chris yells from behind lilith, lifting her up slightly so he can point closely to the camera.

"and only we can call him matty b." lilith says matter-of-factly to the camera.

"that's right, lili d." he daps her up, laughing lowly with her.

the group continues reading funny dm's, even replying to some of them. when they end the video though, they decide to hit up walmart.

lilith, chris, flynn and grey end up separated from the others. they all walk together into the toy aisle, picking up styrofoam swords. lilith starts a battle with chris, while flynn and grey act like guards before they start fighting.

through laughs, and lilith's amazing acting skills, she's on the floor, a sword stuck in between her arms.

"hey!" a walmart worker yells at them, so flynn helps lilith up while grey puts the swords back. the worker begins running towards them, so they take off, swerving around people and laughing loudly.

when the coast is clear, they stop and see that they're in a hat aisle. flynn grabs cowboy hats for him and lilith, putting it on her head.

chris grabs a brown hat and puts it on, while grey grabs a white hat and wears it backwards. they all walks around until they find the others again.

"you guys left me with these dumbasses." lilith says, walking up to nick.

"can't be worse than ridge. he literally opened a jug of milk, and drank a sip from it. THEN HE PUT IT BACK IN THE FRIDGE!" nick expresses his disgust, shooting a dirty look at ridge, who has a goofy smile on his face. lilith laughs at him, and he walks over to put his arm over her.