Chapter 30: Mission: Destroy the Moon!

Lucy: But I don't understand. The curse should've been lifted now that Deliora is dead.

Erza: Wrong. This curse you keep talking about never had anything to do with the demon. The villagers have been affected by the intense magical energy from the Moon Drip spell. In other words, Deliora's death isn't going to change their situation whatsoever.

Lucy: W-What? Oh no.

Lucy's eyes had widened in realization as she placed a hand over her mouth in shock.

Natsu: Well, we better go and change them back.

Happy: Aye sir!

Happy and Natsu exchanged high-fives.

Gray: Yeah, but we don't know how.

Then, his face lit up as he got an idea. He turned to Lyon, who was leaning against a boulder behind him. He had taken off his body armor, leaving him in a blue jacket, black pants, and steel boots. 

Gray: Lyon, do you know?

Lyon: To be quite honest, I don't have a clue.

Natsu and Happy looked at him incredulously.

Natsu: You don't know?

Happy: What? 

Devon: Okay, something's not adding up. The villagers told us that the curse started around the same time you guys got here.

Lyon: When we first arrived here three years ago, we were aware that there was a village somewhere on this island. But we had absolutely no reason to communicate with the villagers, so we left them alone. They never came to the temple to see what we were up to.

Spyro: In three years, you've never once met?

Lucy: I don't understand. The light from the Moon Drip is so bright you can see it practically from any point on the island. It's kinda weird they saw it every night and never went to investigate.

Devon: Yeah, There is something fishy about this.

Happy: FISH?! Where?!

Luna: (deadpans) He didn't mean fish, he meant like there's something odd about those villagers.

Happy: (disappointed) Aww...

Lyon: The spell didn't transform the villagers. The Moon Drip has no effect on the human body.

Gray: What?

Natsu: Yeah right, you're just saying that so you and your lackeys will be off the hook.

Lyon: Just think about it. I've been exposed to it longer than they have and my appearance hasn't changed one bit.

Cynder: He does have a point. 

Lyon: (crossed his arms) I wouldn't trust them. Those villagers are hiding something, but I'm sure you Guild wizards can handle it.

Natsu: We're not done with you. You destroyed the entire village and-

The Dragon Slayer's ranting was stopped when Erza squished his cheeks together.

Erza: That's quite enough, Natsu.

The Queen of the Fairies retold Toby's explanation for why they agreed to help Lyon. It was revealed that Lyon's followers had lost their families, friends, and everything they owned to Deliora. He'd convinced them that if they helped him free it, he would kill it, and obtain revenge for all of them.

Devon and the rest of the team felt for them and could understand why they did it. Nevertheless, to Devon, that still didn't justify their actions in threatening the villagers only to get vengeance upon a demon that was already locked away in a huge chunk of ice.