Chapter 9: The Epic Adventure Begins

(Berk)

One week after the battle with the Red Death, Hiccup laid in his bed in his house still unconscious with Devon laying on another bed beside him also unconscious from his battle with Lord Thanatos. Luna and Toothless sat and watched the two unconscious boys. Suddenly, they slowly began to wake up. Devon and Hiccup both opened their eyes and saw their dragons happy to see they were alright.

Hiccup: Oh, hey, Toothless.

Devon: Luna...you're alright.

Luna and Toothless licked their rider's faces and nudged them happily with their snouts.

Hiccup: I'm happy to see you, too.

Devon: I'm glad you're safe, girl.

Devon and Hiccup looked toward each other. Both boys smiled, happy to see they turned out alright. As he continued licking Hiccup's face, Toothless steps on his stomach, making Hiccup quickly sit up from his bed.

Hiccup: Agh!

Hiccup began looking around. He saw that he was in his house.

Hiccup: I'm in my house.

Hiccup then looks toward Toothless who was wagging his tail excitingly.

Hiccup: You're in my house.

Toothless began leaping excitingly around the house.

Hiccup: Uh...does my dad know you're in here?!

The male Night Fury then perches himself up on the rafters of the house.

Hiccup: Toothless! Aw, come on...

Hiccup suddenly realized something. He unfurls his blanket while Toothless jumps down from the rafters and looked at him. Devon and Luna also looked toward Hiccup who sighed slightly. Hiccup remained silent and he placed his feet on the floor. His left-leg had been replaced by a prosthetic metal foot. Luna and Toothless sniffed the prosthetic leg and looks toward Hiccup. Devon looked toward Hiccup who remained silent.

Devon and Hiccup stood up from their beds and try to walk. Both boys walked clumsily, still a bit dazed. Hiccup took a deep breath and tried to move forward, but stumbles and nearly falls to the floor. Devon also tried to move forward, but like Hiccup, he stumbles and nearly falls over to the floor. Toothless and Luna catch Hiccup and Devon as they fall.

Hiccup: Thanks, buddy.

Devon: Thanks, girl.

Luna and Toothless help walk Devon and Hiccup to the front door. Hiccup opens the door and immediately closes it after seeing a Monstrous Nightmare fly outside.

Devon: What's wrong?

Hiccup: Stay here.

Hiccup opens the door again and sees Snotlout riding the Monstrous Nightmare which was his dragon, Hookfang.

Snotlout: Come on, guys, get ready! Hold on tight! Here we go!

Snotlout flew on ahead with Hookfang while Fishlegs and the Twins, Tuffnut and Ruffnut followed him on Meatlug and Barf and Belch.

The two boys stepped outside and look out toward the rest of the village. They see Deadly Nadders, Monstrous Nightmares, Gronckles, and Hideous Zipplebacks perched up on rooftops, walking in the streets alongside the villagers, and Terrible Terrors all of different colors perched on some of the Villager's shoulders as they strolled through the village.

Devon: This can't be real.

Hiccup: I knew it. I'm dead.

Devon and Hiccup hear laughter coming from behind them. They turned and saw that it was Stoick walking up to them.