Prologue: Story Time!

Before the main story, the scene starts off in a house where a family is getting ready for bed. The parents had put their son and daughter who are about 6 years old into bed, but both kids were stubborn.

Girl: Mommy? Daddy? Can you tell us a story?

Boy: Yeah! I wanna hear a story!

Dad: Well, once upon a time, there were two children who went to bed. The end.

Girl: That is a terrible story.

Dad: What? That's your favourite story of all time.

Mom: (chuckles) Alright, alright. What story will it be tonight?

Boy: How about a new story?!

Dad: A new story?

Girl: Yeah!

The mother thought about it for a moment, and had an idea. She looks to her husband for confirmation.

Mom: Should we tell them about him?

Dad: We have been wanting to do If for a while. Sure, do you remember where the book is?

The mother nodded, leaves the room to a bookshelf and pulls out a blue book with a Keyblade and a dragon. The words 'The Legendary Keyblade Master' were labeled on it. She walks back to the room, has her children snuggled in between her and the father. She opens the book, and begins reading.

Mom: Long ago, there was an ancient, mystical, being of power that could bring about creation, destruction, life or death to countless worlds. His name was The Inheritor. The Inheritor created the universe to bring about an age of peace and salvation. But in doing so, an ancient evil was unleashed. An evil even he could not contain. A dark, evil being known as The Dark Lord of the Shadows who sought to achieve ultimate power and dominion over all life.

Boy: (scared) I don't like the sound of that!

Girl: (scared) He's scary!

Dad: Okay's, he's just mention in the book. It's not like he's real.

Mom: Honey!

Dad: What?

Mom: Don't worry kids. It's just like your father said he's not real. Do you want to continue?

The children nodded as the father turn over a page.

Dad: With The Inheritor and The Dark Lord of the Shadows in conflict, an ancient, unseen, mystical realm was created. A realm where untold wisdom and unimaginable power sleeps. A realm known as Kingdom Hearts. Many people sought to achieve great things from Kingdom Hearts. Some sought to achieve wisdom and guidance while others sought to achieve ultimate power and control. Thus began a war that would bring the entire universe down to it's knees. It's name: The Keyblade War, a great, ancient battle where the forces of light and darkness clashed sides for control of Kingdom Hearts and the Universe.

The father turns over a page.

Dad: Both The Inheritor and the Dark Lord created powerful warriors called Keyblade Wielders, both of light and darkness to fight for Kingdom Hearts. These Keyblade Wielders possessed many skills and magic abilities that could exceed beyond all other forces in the universe. The Inheritor and the Dark Lord took part in the Keyblade War with their armies and they met out in battle. Both sides clashed in an ongoing battle. One that would last for countless millennium. The battles were epic, ceaseless, and vicious.

The father turns over a page.

Dad: In the end, neither side prevailed victorious and Kingdom Hearts along with the universe fell into darkness. And just when all hope was lost, the light within the hearts of children held back the darkness and separated the worlds from each other. The remnants of the battlefield on which the Keyblade War took place became the Keyblade Graveyard, a desolate wasteland littered with Keyblades of their fallen Wielders.

 The mother turns over a page.

Mom: Ever since the Keyblade War, The Inheritor and the remaining Keyblade Wielders who survived the war sought to protect the universe from further destruction and chaos, becoming guardians of light, working together to preserve peace and justice throughout the worlds. Time passed, many suns and moons rose and fell with each passing day and tales of the Keyblade War and the surviving Keyblade Wielders soon passed away into legend.

The mother turns over a page.

Mom: The Keyblade was depicted both as a bringer of chaos, death, and destruction, but also as a symbol of hope, peace, and justice. Although the Keyblade War ended many years ago, the constant battles between the forces of light and darkness lingered on across countless worlds. But over the years, an ancient unstoppable evil slowly began to rise to power, seeking to conquer the universe and plunge it into an age of everlasting darkness.

The mother turns over a page where it has a picture of a teenage boy holding a crystal-like Keyblade.

Mom: Now in our darkest hour, the fate of the universe lies in the hands of a new Keyblade Wielder. A young boy named Devon. Devon must band together with the greatest heroes of the universe to stand up against this ancient evil. Now a new legend shall come to pass. This is the tale of Legendary Keyblade Master, Devon and his epic journey to save the universe and countless worlds from a doomed existence. Devon's Legend starts now.

Prologue ended.