Chapter 2: Destiny Islands

(Devon's Room)

Devon opened his eyes and rose from his bed and sat upright looking around the room of his home. He sighed with relief and a little bit of tiredness. He quickly began to think about the dream he had.

Devon: Man. That was quite a dream. I wonder what all that was.

Devon turned and looked out the window of his room which overlooked a small island with a serene beach with exotic, tropical trees, beautiful flowers, tropical shrubbery, and surrounded by calm, crystal clear waters of the small island known as Destiny Islands.

Little did Devon know is that someone was behind him and gave him a scare.

???: BOO!

Devon: Ahhh!

He fell off his bed before he looked and saw Jessie Locke, Devon's older sister. Jessie is a young woman who is ten years older than him with brown hair, blue eyes, wearing black jacket, underneath it is a black shirt, long blue pants, black shoes.

 Jessie is a young woman who is ten years older than him with brown hair, blue eyes, wearing black jacket, underneath it is a black shirt, long blue pants, black shoes

Jessie: Hehehehe! Gotcha, Devon!

  Devon: Really, Jess?

Jessie: Oh, don't be like that. I thought you wanted a wake up call?

Devon: I was already up before.

Jessie: Yeah, but you were about to fall asleep.

Devon: No it's just I had a dream about a strange voice, black creatures came out of nowhere and attack me. It was so bizarre. 

Jessie: I'm sure it's just a dream, or maybe you got it from falling into a rock.

Devon: Hey!

???: Well, it is trust. I mean, Hikari did sometimes fell on you. 

Devon and Jessie look at the door to see James Mason, Jessie's boyfriend. Mason is a 27 year old man with a muscular body, ginger hear and beard, red eyes, with scars across the right side of his face, and wearing a military uniform. He's a Sargent of the military, he is also a monster hunter. He's Devon good friend and trainer of hand-to-hand combat, as well as martial arts.