Chapter 33: Left Behind

(The Lakebed)

It was a late afternoon and the herd was resting after having their fill of water. Devon had healed from his battle with Sneak Army and rested against Luna's side. Spyro and Cynder curled up alongside each other. 

Hiccup, Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Tuffnut and Ruffnut rested alongside their dragons, Toothless, Stormfly, Meatlug, Hookfang, Barf and Belch. 

The Fairy Tail wizards slept next to the colourful dinosaurs Tom, Bob, John, and Eric. 

Aladar rested next to Devon and Luna. Baylene rested behind Eema and Url. And of course, Plio, Yar, and Zini rested with each other. Devon and Aladar awakens to see Suri standing near a small cave.

Suri: Now you come out on three. One... two... three.

Aladar and Devon rise onto their feet and walk over to Suri. They see the small lemur talking to two young Iguanodons who were hiding from her.

Suri: Come on. Come on out. No one's gonna hurt you.

Aladar: Hey, hey, what's going on?

Suri: The little 'Aladars' haven't had their water yet. I think they're scared of me.

Aladar: Who wouldn't be? You are pretty scary.

Suri pretended making growling noises which made Devon and Aladar laugh a bit.

Devon: It's alright. Come on out.

The two young Iguanodons back up in the cave, not wanting to move.

Aladar: Take it easy. Don't worry. She's just a hair ball.

Suri: And proud of it. Come on. They'll help you find some water.

Devon and Aladar head down onto the lakebed with Suri following them. The young Iguanodons soon walk out of the cave and follow them. Neera watches from a distance on a ledge and walks down to them. Aladar digs a hole and places his front paw down in the hole.

Aladar: Alright. Here's a little trick we came up with. Now all you have to do is take a foot (press his paw) and press!

As Aladar presses his paw down in the hole, water seeps to the surface. The two young Iguanodons watch as the water emerges from the hole.

Devon: Now it's your turn.

The two young Iguanodons place their paws down into the hole. Devon and Suri also lent a hand. Devon placed his right-foot down into the hole and Suri placed her paw down into the hole.

Aladar: Ready? One... two... three. Press!

Together, they all press down on the ground and more water flows upward. The two young dinosaurs began drinking the water.

Aladar: Good job, Suri. Nice work, Devon.

Devon: (nod) No problem. But, where are their parents anyway?

Neera: (walking towards the two boys) A lot of us are on our own now.

Devon and Aladar turn and see Neera approaching them.

Devon: Neera.

Neera: You like kids I see.

Aladar: Eh, the skinny ones can be a bit chewy.

Neera giggles a bit from Aladar's joke.

Aladar: I'm Aladar.

Devon: Your Jerkasaurus?

Neera: Oh sorry about that.

Aladar: Probably right.

Plio: (shaking Yar to wake him up) Dad, wake up.