IV

A few weeks later

steven's pov:

Steven walked into the museum, late as per usual after a night of staying up as long as he could by doing nonsense, he and saw a young girl quickly put a piece of chewed gum on a pyramid display. He crouched slightly next to her to look at the display, "Hmm, will you
look at that? Looks like someone mistook the Great Pyramid of Giza for a rubbish dump."

"It's not like there's anything in there." The young school girl said with a slight shake of her head, must have been on a field trip as she was still wearing the schools uniform.

Steven shrugged and remarked, "Yeah. Maybe not," He looked around for a second before pointing at another of the display cases behind her, "But in there...is something wicked. Check it out."

The two of them walked over, Steven grabbing the chewed gum to throw it in the bin later, to the large sarcophagus in the glass case against the wall as Steven continued his explanation, "They'd take this big metal hook, right? Ans they go up the ol' nozzle and-" he made a suction noise, "all the organs would come out. Except for the heart."

"How come?"

"Because they believed you needed your heart to be judged in the Underworld and only the worthiest would be allowed to pass through the Field of Reeds." Steven had been moving her hands in the motions that go along with the story, his voice trailing in a dramatic way.

"And did it suck for you? Getting rejected from the Field of Reeds?" She asked.

"That doesn't make sense 'cause I'm not dead, am I?" He said, bobbing his head side to side as she clearly wasn't taking this seriously.

"Stevie." He heard Donna said with quiet frustration behind him, causing him to whip up from his conversation. "That better not be you again."

"Sorry, Donna. Yeah, sorry. Got it." He quickly took the box from her arms and made his way to his original destination behind her register. "There we go." Steven placed the box on his counter as Donna spoke, "Don't know how many times I have to tell you this. You're not the bloody tour guide, Stevie."

"Steven, actually. I am...Steven." He said, tapping his finger to his name tag.

"No, you're bloody useless unless you're actually doing what you're paid to do. Which is to sell these to children." She pushed a bag of gummy candy towards him and then walked away.

"Got it.."

"What's gotten her knickers in a twist this morning do you think?"

He perked up when he heard the British lingo come out of Esme's (partly) American mouth. She had on today a black long sleeve turtleneck, a large gold necklace around her neck and a red velvet skirt with two slits in the sides.

 She had on today a black long sleeve turtleneck, a large gold necklace around her neck and a red velvet skirt with two slits in the sides