VII

"I am never giving you control again. Ever. Do you hear me?"

Here he was, sitting in the back of a large, strange black car with his hands handcuffed behind his back as he growled at the American man in the rear view mirror. Flipping fantastic. All he wanted was to have a nice night in with Esme and feel sad about losing his job but no, he had to get kidnapped instead.

"I hear you loud and clear, Steven Grant of the gift shop."

The door of the car that he was leaning against opened before he could even think and his side hit the cobblestone street as he fell. The clicking of a cane and the crunching of glass entered his ears as he looked up and saw Harrow standing above him.

"I'm sorry for the wait. We just needed a chance to better understand your situation," The man said, before looking at one of the fake police officers and asking, "Do you have the keys?"

She handed them to him, him starting to unlock the cuffs, "Let's get you out of those cuffs. There you go. Thank you both."

He pushed himself up from the ground, very confused about what was happening.

"Aren't they terrific?" Harrow said, referring to the two police officers as they walked away.

"Yeah, they're lovely." He replied, sarcastically.

The older man offered him a hand to help up up completely as he continued, "Well, no wonder your scales don't balance. It
must be very difficult having all those voices inside one head. Steven Grant, Marc Spector, Khonshu." It wasn't even the talking or the fact that he was here because he was kidnapped that was making him uncomfortable, it was this man petting his shoulder with every name he said.

"I'm curious, do you think that Khonshu chose you as his Avatar because your mind would be so easy to break or because it was broken already?"

He stuttered slightly from the blunt rudeness of that question. "No, I'm not broken. Jus-just need some help, maybe."

'You are not broken, Steven Grant. You are too good for that to be true.' Esme's words echoed in his head from the first time he told her about his sleeping disorder and asked if she thought he was crazy.

"That's right. That's why I'm here, to help."

Steven severely doubted that from everything that he's learned about this man so far but he went with it anyway. But when he looked past Harrow's shoulder, he saw the bird headed creature again, causing him to panic in his spot.

"Okay, what is it? Do you see him? You see him right now? That's a privilege I no longer here."

The bird headed creature was Khonshu. Of course the scary monster that has been harassing him was the Egyptian God of the Moon.

"Kill him!" Khonshu yelled at him, holding onto the crescent moon staff tightly in anger.

"What's he saying, huh? Is he telling you to kill me?"

The moon god had teleported so he was standing right behind Harrow and yelled again, "Break his windpipe!"

"Yup, yeah."