Chapter 29

I stood outside Lupins office. My map had told me how to get here, but I was hesitant to knock. Snape had said we were NOT to disturb him... but I really wanted to get over fainting at the sight of a Dementor. I was hoping to ask about the hooded men, Death Eaters or something, that I was so afraid of as well. That killed my dad. And possibly my mum too. But I couldn't think about that now. I pushed the thoughts away, to the back of my head, and knocked. I thought I heard a whimper, like a dog, but I wasn't sure. I knocked again, calling out. 

"Prtofessor Lupin?"

No answer. But Snape had said he was in here... Where did the teachers sleep? 

"Professor?"

I stepped forward, testing the door. It was unlocked, so I peered around the door frame and saw... Nothing. An empty office. I stepped father in, closing the door behind me. Something moved at the back. Immediately I whipped my head toward the sound, dropping into a crouch. Nothing. I stepped closer. Still nothing. Then I saw a piece of fur which I had assumed was a blanket or something move.

Instinctively I thought Armour, and the liquid metal swirled across my vision. The next moment I was coated in silver plates that were surprisingly light. I kept my eyes locked on the gray fur. It shivered, and the creature stood. I recognised it instantly. It was a werewolf. 

It had gray fur, dark brown eyes, and light gray fur. It was kind of midway between human and wolf, with fur covering it's body, a snout, and claws on human hands.

We locked gazes for a moment. Then I shifted into a defensive position and growled lowly. Werewolves were dangerous and I was going to take this one down. Then it whimpered, and I looked at it closer. It stood as if it was trying to hold itself together, gazing at me in... wonder? Fear? Recognition? I couldn't tell. But it looked strangely familiar. Its raggedy appearance, as if it haden't eaten... The way it stood.... Its dark brown eyes... Then I realised.

"Professor Lupin?" I exhaled in shock. 

It, or should I say he, nodded. 

"How? I mean, Why arn't you attacking me?"

He stared hard at a goblet, with a potion in it.

"I'm guessing that helps?"

He nodded. I realised I was still in my armour, crouched defensively, my wings out behind me. My wings! He'd seen them! I folded them quickly, dissolving my armour with a thought as I straightened up.

"I guess it's out then."

He looked down, whimpered, and looked at me pleadingly. I was confused. Did he think I meant the werewolf thing?

"Me, being an Elder. Please don't tell?"

He relaxed, gave a series of barks that could of been laughter, and looked at me questionably.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about.... the werewolf thing."

He gave a toothy grin, which looked rather scary on his wolfy snout, and relaxed a little.

****************************************

A/N

I am astounded. Seriously. 6000 reads. WOW.

Target: 6700 reads. This book is growing every day!

Thank you to all the people who read this far. Thank you for sticking with this book!

~the G-ster~