Chapter 4

I was looking at a wizarding version of Covent Garden. There were myriad shops selling cauldrons, owls, robes, and brooms. These last shops had people crowding round the windows. Why they wanted to clean so badly, I had no idea. Thats wizards for you.At the end of the winding road there was a tall marble building, with Gringotts engraved over the entrance. I felt a strange pull toward it, and followed Hagrid toward it.

"What's that building?"

"That's Gringotts."

"Yes, I gathered that from the sign, but what is it?"

"It a bank. Second securest place in the world. They even got dragons guarding the securest vaults."

Suddenly I realised that the mystery pull was toward the dragons below.

"I can feel them. The dragons. They.... their sad. They want to get out."

"You can feel them?"

Hagrid was staring at me in astonishment.

"It's like I am a dragon at heart. I can change into one, after all."

"Oh. Thats rare, in one so young."

. "Wait, what?"

"Nothin', Nothin'. Lets go in"

He strode forward and entered the bank, me hurrying to catch up.

The bank had two long counters, leading toward a desk at the back. What interested me was the creatures sitting behind them. The creatures had greenish skin and large ears, and were about half my size.

Hagrid caught up with me. "Goblins. Don't trust them. And don't stare, it's rude." I averted my gaze.

We walked along to the desk at the end.

"I'd like access to the Hogwarts vault please."

The goblin clicked his fingers and pointed toward a door on our left. Another goblin, with a name tag that said 'Gilburt' escorted us through the door, and onto a rocky platform. He whistled, and a small cart appeared, a bit like the ones on a roller coaster. We got in, and the cart set off. It whipped round the bends at a terrific speed, until we arrived at a vault door. Leaving the cart, the goblin opened the door and Hagrid, still looking a bit queasy from the cart, took out a bagful of gold.

Shopping time.