Chapter 38

One DADA lesson later, I was making puppy eyes at Professor Lupin. "Please please please..."

He sighed in exasperation. "OK, but-"

"Yay!!"

"But, I have to be there at all times. You can join in with me and Harrys sessions, after lessons in my office."

"Thanks! I'll see you there."

I rushed out of the classroom, making a To Do list in my head.

1. Get over fear of Death Eaters. Underway.

2. Tell Ron about the dragon thing.

3. Get a dementor to show me my past.

4. Pulpervise Malfoy. Tick! Done.

5. Pulpervise Malfoy more.

"Hey!!" I turned from my mental checklist to see a certain angry Slytherin storming towards me.

Looks like number 5 was about to happen.

"What do you want Blondie?"

"Don't call me that!"

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because... Because I say so!"

I smirked at his reddening face and turned to leave.

"Reeeeaal good response there Malfoy." I called over my shoulder. "Top marks for wittiness."

"Stop that!" He screeched.

"No." I said, turning back to face him. "I feel that SOMEONE should teach you a lesson about respect. And I should be that someone. Any problems with that?" I was right in his face now, giving him a death glare.

"How are you going to do that?" He smirked, crossing his arms. "You're outnumbered."

I could hear his two goons shuffling into place behind me.

"I could take those two, easy." I gestured over my shoulder.

"Oh yeah?" He nodded to one of the goons behind me, and something like a baseball bat collided with my back, where my wings met, and sent my sprawling sideways. I turned the fall into a roll, coming out in a crouch, my eyes black.

The goons held two bats, both polished to a shine, and One was approaching me,  whacking his against his palm menacingly, with a smirk on his face. The other was standing still, his bat held in a position ready to swing.

I moved quickly, powering up of the floor and slamming my fist into Goon 1's chin before he had a chance to swing.

Ooowwww. Hitting people hurts your hand.

I  took up a combat stance, centre of gravity low, hands out in front and tried not to growl at the remaining goon. It would blow my cover bigtime.

Goon 2 seemed less cocky than Goon 1, swinging his bat at my head when I came within range. I ducked under his swing, getting in to close for him to get up any momentum, and got him in a stranglehold, slowly decreasing his oxygen supply till he was unconscious.

Malfoy was leaning, shaking, against the wall, his features arranged in a fearful expression. I walked past hi to pick up my bag, then went off to my next class, calling over my shoulder as I went.

"Told you so."