prologue.

" i wanna see the world when i stop breathing

when i stop breathing."
LISTEN BEFORE I GO
billie eilish

A GLOOMY HALLOWEEN day was in place. The laughing children going door to door trick or treating asking for candy. The low tune of 'frightening' music playing from adults sitting near their fire pits with camping chairs while shaking with laughter.

Five year old Dallas Miller and Denver Miller were grasping onto their grandmas hand with an orange and purple pumpkin baskets clutched in their opposite hand.

Denver suddenly let go of his grandmas hand and dashed towards one of the doors filled with children, Dallas lightly laughed at his antics and Livian Miller shook her head with a smile soft smile at her grandson.

Livian had came from Hawkins to spend the weekend with her grandchildren that she didn't see regularly being as she lived further away

"Denny!" The older women shouted and he quickly turned his head away from the bowl of candy and to her direction at the sound of his name "Make sure you stay where I can see you." She told him with sternly with widened eyes as he nodded and motioned with his hand for his sister to follow, to which she obeyed and bolted after him, her laugh sounding in the air.

The two Miller siblings had went to countless amounts of houses and were now sat on one of the street curbs exchanging candy's that the other one didn't like and occasionally giving their grandmother some that they both agreed on not liking.

Or if they all didn't like it. They figured just to store it away for their parents to bring them after to see if they'd enjoy them.

Dallas made a big pile of ones she disliked on the grass before grasping it all into her hands and dumping it into her brothers bag as he smiled at her brightly.

"Thank you." Denver thanked with a grin while tearing open a bag of M&M's and pouring some into his grandma hand due to her holding it out.

"Would you like my Snickers?" Dallas kindly asked her grandmother but before she could get an response unexpected screaming sounded coming from multiple people making them look up.

The two children were perplexed. They inferred that ear piercing screams were from the adults people from nearby houses screaming to scare little kids in there spooky costumes .

But when they had brought their attention back up towards their grandmother and seen her expression they knew that it was the opposite and that something awful had happened.

The women didn't speak a single word she only grasped the two kids hands into her own. They quickly bent down to grab their bags and wrappers in a rush seeing as Livian was trying to drag them away before moving along with her fast pace.