011.

" do you get deja vu?"DEJA VUolivia rodrigo

DEJA VU
olivia rodrigo

LIVIAN TUGGED THE young girls frizzy yet curly hair into a black hair tie, trying to put a bun into it but was being really ruff. Dallas was getting ready for Wills funeral, even though they knew he was alive it still was saddening to go through.

"Grandma." Dallas whined, trying to place her hair hand over the area she was pulling but Livian smacked it away lightly with a pointed look, having have been doing her hair for a little over an hour.

"Dallas, what is that phrase that I always repeat you on a daily basis ?" Her grandmother teased looking with widened eyes.

"It hurts to be beautiful." The said in unison while the young girl rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Exactly." Livian smiled before the door suddenly was thrown open, showing Denver standing with an irritated face.

"Grandma!" Denver groaned holding a tie in hand while stomping towards the women, making her gaze switch over towards the boy "Grandpa can't put the tie on, he's been at it for almost a hour now and still no luck."

"I tried my best, and I failed horribly. I haven't worn a tie in a very long time, cut me some slack." James shrugged and defended himself while leaning against the door frame, Livian shook her head with a laugh and Dallas smiled, touching her finally finished bun even though her head was aching.

"No, you did not try your best. You tried to put the tie inside the shirt. You do know that there's a collar for a reason, right?" Denny laughed handing the black tie over to his grandmother.

She put the tie into the collar pulling it tightly making him groan and mumbled a curse word which she didn't hear. He was glad she didn't hear him.

"You're choking me." He dramatically gasped and grabbed hold onto his neck.

"It hurts to be handsome, my dear." She repeated what she said to Dallas while pinching his cheeks making the boy roll his eyes like his sister did moments before.

"To hell with that damn eye rolling. You know back in my olden days that wouldn't-" James began, walking to sit on Dallas bed.

"Grandpa, no. Okay, please, not right now, not today, not ever do we want to hear about your olden days." Denver shook his head walking towards the mirror to check himself out as the two kept at it like dogs.

Livian zipped up the back of Dallas's black dress zipper and looked down at her zoned out but sad face, Livian turned her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Why the sudden frown, hun."

The truth was, Dallas hasn't been to a funeral since her parents passing, it brought back memories and gave her a bad sense of deja vu.