003.

" doing it all for love

" doing it all for love. "
ALL FOR US
labrinth , zendaya

THE CHILDREN ALL had soon been pulled away from the Healthkit and dragged into the office and were greeted by the presence of the seemingly irked Chief of Police; Jim Hopper.

The man sat in the chair ahead of the kids stared frustratedly at the five who were overlapping each other with their endless chattering.

"Okay, okay, okay. One at a time, all right? You." Hopper said impatiently while gesturing first to the Wheeler boy.

"You said he takes what?"

"Mirkwood." Mike replied.

"Mirkwood?" The Chief repeated, the boy replied with a nod while the man looked confused, he turned in his chair to look at the officer next to him.

"Ever heard of Mirkwood?"

"I have not. That sounds made up to me." The officer replied to his Chief, tapping his pencil against his notepad as the children blinked.

"No, it's from Lord of the Rings." Lucas told, scratching his arm as Dallas nodded in agreement.

"Well, The Hobbit." Dustin corrected.

"It doesn't matter." He replied back, the twins rolled their eyes in annoyance in sync.

"He asked!"

"He asked!" Lucas mocked annoyingly making the girl hit his arm harshly.

"Ow!" He yelped out while rubbing his arm and glaring at the girl who glared back then shook her head.

"Guys, enough." Dallas said sternly clearly bothered they ignored her and continued to bicker.

"Hey, hey, hey! What'd I just say? One at a damn time." Hopper complained before looking at Mike once again "You."

"Mirkwood, it's a real road. It's just the name that's made up. It's where Cornwallis and Kerley meet."

"Yeah, all right, I think I know that-"

"We can show you if you want?" Mike offered kindly before the older man could finish his sentence.

"I said I know it!" Hopper said, practically fuming at the children.

"We can help look."

"Yeah." Dustin agreed.

"No." Hopper stated, making all five of the party members start an argument.

"No." Chief said once again "After school, you are all to go home. Immediately. That means no biking around looking for your friend, no investigating, no nonsense. This isn't some Lord of the Rings book."

Dallas sighed and looked down at her hands that were in her lap as she toyed around with her ring on her middle finger. She was worried for the safety of her friend and they weren't allowed to go out looking for him, but she understood why though, it could be dangerous and could lead to another one of them going missing.

"The Hobbit." Dustin corrected the Chief making Lucas lean over against Dallas, Denver and Mike to hit the curly haired boys shoulder.

"Shut up!"

Dustin leaned back over and hit him back as the two went back and forth with the brawling as the three cramped in the middle stared at the floor with a bothered look on their face's as they continued to get shoved back and forth.

Hopper just leaned forward "Do I make myself clear?" He said strangely calm creeping out the girl who just stared back and nodded fearfully which he didn't see.

He began to ominously walk forward making them quickly stop bickering, they leaned back in fear against the back of the couch "Do I make myself... clear?" He repeated.

"Yes sir."

"Yeah."

"Clearer than a sunny day." Dallas muttered with a gulp and slight laugh.

SOON AFTER THE whole meeting with Chief Jim Hopper which went terrible, the kids had all went home as directed by the Chief himself.

Dallas had been laying on her back in bed reading one of her books, The Queen's Gambit, she adjusted herself just as her walkie-talkie on her bedside table began to static before she heard a voice come from it it.

"Dal, Do you copy? It's Mike, Over."

She quickly closed her book, not before she put the bookmark, she grabbed her walkie, pulled up the antenna, before bringing it up to her mouth.

"It's Dal, I copy, what's wrong? Over."

"The whole Will thing is weird, so Lucas and Denver and I were thinking that we should just go look for him ourselves, over."

She furrowed her eyebrow "But the chief specially said to not go looking for him, we could get hurt or worse, go missing, over."

"Come on, Dal, he's our best-friend we can't just sit around doing nothing while waiting around for the police to find him, over."

She hummed in thought then let out a sigh while looking down at the peeling floor. She had to do this, for Will.

"Okay, fine, see you in a few then, over."

"Great, meet at my house in ten, over and out."

The walkie staticed and Mikes voice was no longer there which made her bring down the antenna before she sighed once again.

Dallas opened her door, her sock covered feet padded softly to Denver's room to already see him grabbing two flash lights, he turned and saw her standing at the doorway, he then threw one of the two flashlights at her, which she surprisingly caught before it could hit the floor.

"We're definitely going to need it, it's dark and it's looks like it's about to start pouring outside." Denver explained while zipping up his black backpack, she nodded.

"Thanks, and you're okay with the whole breaking the Chief of Polices rules?" Dallas asked hitting her hand against the flashlights while he threw his backpack over his shoulders.

"I mean, yeah, whatever it takes right? And we know the police are going to take ages to find him anyways, the least we can do is help." Denver shrugged closing his drawer that he had open previously for the flashlights.

She nodded in agreement with her brother as she brought her gaze to the group picture of the whole party that they had took at Mikes birthday party at his house a few years back, it had them all standing up with their arms wrapped together happily in a hug with huge smiles on each of their faces, it was in a small petite black frame on his desk next to his bed.

"Yeah, you're right. We have to do it for Will." Dallas stated with a head nod after smiling at the photo.

AUTHORS NOTES

sorry that i have
not been updating a
lot, just have a
writers block right now
lol !

and i've been thinking
about stopping this book
because it seems like
no one really reads
it.

sorry this chapter is
short. <3

don't be silent readers!
i love interacting.

love you all !