First Meeting

It was a normal day for Hunter. He was patrolling around as the Golden Guard, walking around the town trying to see if any trouble started, or if any wild witches appeared. Everything felt normal, but Hunter sensed that something just felt off.  Then suddenly a loud bang went off and fireworks shot up into the sky. A weird sounding shriek was heard, and it sounded like it came from a nearby alleyway.

Hunter burst into action, his artificial staff in hand, and he ran to that alleyway. What he saw was a bit strange. There in the alleyway was the Owl Ladies pet? Dog? Son? Hunter didn't know what to refer to him as but he was struggling to close this container, which Hunter assumed is what fired the fireworks. Suddenly a boy ran up, he looked to be about Hunter's age and he began to help the demon close the container as he was yelling all sorts of things about the police and stuff.

Hunter stared at the boy is absolute awe. The boy had dark green shiny hair and an amazing complexion. But the thing that caught Hunter's eye the most was the sparkling gold eyes that the boy possessed. He was breathtaking.

He is the most gorgeous boy I've ever met. Wait no Hunter, you're not gay, right? 

Hunter stared dumbfounded as he began to really question how he was feeling, but he decided to do that later, right now he had a job to do.

"Excuse me, what appears to be going on here, nothing against the emperor I hope," Hunter called out to the pair.

Both of them had managed to close the container but the two froze in place in the sight of the Golden Guard.

"Oh um uh, scatter!!!" The demon yelled and he scurried away, while the green haired boy panicked and kinda just froze.

Hunter walked up to the boy.

"So, you wanna tell me what happened?"

The boy still looked shocked at first but then he collected himself and put on a suave persona.

"Whatever do you mean Goldie, I was just helping that poor creature in need, if you wanted attention you could have just asked."

Hunter blushed underneath his mask. What did this guy think he was doing, who does he think he's talking to. Although it is quite charming...

"I know you were involved in whatever chaos just transpired heRE." Hunter voice cracked on the here and blushed and looked away while muttering a collection of swear words.

The boy giggled and smirked. "You have a cute voice, you know that."

Hunter blushed again. Thats the first time someone said something good about his voice. Hunter dropped the authority act for a second.

"Wait you don't think my voice is annoying?" Hunter asked with such innocence that the boy dropped the smooth act for a sec.

"Yeah of course, how could anyone find your voice annoying."

Hunter actually felt something this time. More than just embarrassment and flattery, there was something else there. Hunter quickly regained composer having remembered why he was actually here.

"Okay look no more games, tell me what actually happened, and I'll let you off with a warning."

The boy decided to finally give in. "Okay Goldie you caught me. I sold King some fireworks and they accidentally went off, that was it."

Hunter smiled underneath the mask, he was pleased with himself for getting the info he desired.

"Thankyou, just make sure you know what you are doing next time, because you could be accused of wild magic and then you'd have to face the emperor. And the emperor is not a merciful man." Hunter said that last point with a sinister undertone to really get the message across.

"Don't worry, I won't, or maybe I should, cuz then I'd get to see you again." The boy said smirking at the end.

"I'm sure you'll see me around," Hunter said with an out of the blue suggestive tone.

Now it was the boy's turn to blush, and unlucky for him, he didn't have a mask to hide it. He quickly regained his composer though.

"Sure thing, oh and by the way, the names Edric."

"Edric" Hunter thought to himself. He unsure why but just hearing that name brought a smile to his face.

"Well I look forward to seeing you again Edric."

Edric quickly blushed. Just hearing his own name come out of the Golden Guard's mouth just felt so....right.

"Welp, see you soon Goldie," Edric winked at him and through up finger guns as he started jogging away.

That name, Hunter thought. For some reason when Edric called him that it brought butterflies to his stomach. Hunter called after him, "Stop calling me Goldie!!!"

Edric simply laughed and kept on jogging away.

Hunter still stood there thinking about everything that just happened.

Do I like Edric, no I can't, maybe it's just the thought in my head that we can be friends. Yeah we can be just friends.

Hunter smiled to himself satisfied with the conclusion he came to, and with that he walked back to where the other guards were, Edric still on his mind.

Meanwhile....

The bedroom door of Emira Blight burst open to reveal an incredibly flustered and nervous Edric.

"Hey Ed, what's-"

Before she could finish, Edric cut her off.
"I just flirted with the Golden Guard!!!"

Word Count: 923

And thats it for this beginning chapter. Yeah they totally could be just really good friends. I'll try to update this regularly probably in a day or two. Make sure to comment and tell me what you think.