The First Day of School

Hunter woke up with a start. His alarm went off to signal him he had to get ready for school. It was 6 am and he had to be at school for 7 so he wanted to give himself enough time to get ready and not be late on his first day. He went and found his school uniform, the yellow potions track one, that he had stored in his closet. He layed it out on the bed and he hopped in the shower. When he was done he went and got dressed, then he went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Hunter wanted to do something with his hair but it was very hard to tame. He went to the mirror and he made it look semi neater than before. He was about to walk away from the mirror but something caught his eye. The scar on his face. He was worried about what people would say about it. He had never interacted with real highschool teens before, besides obviously the human, and the blights, and in every novel he read they were always depicted as gossiping and mean.

Would everyone be staring at me? Would they be whispering behind my back? Will they think I'm weird because of the scar. Not to mention my horrible tooth gap, large bags under my eyes, and the gap in my ear.

Hunter wanted to cry. He hated the way he looked. He wanted to sit down on his bed curl up into a ball and cry. But today was not the day for that, he had a mission to complete. Besides Belos used to say to him all the time, worrying about looks makes you weak, and his uncle is always right. Hunter pushed his insecurities deep inside him and continued to get ready.

Hunter had finished packing his school bag with his history of magic books that he liked to read, and the other necessities for school. He had his bag open on his bed because he had forgotten to grab his comb in case his hair went beserk but suddenly Flapjack flew over and perched inside the bag.

"Flapjack, you cant come with me to school, I could get in trouble."

Flapjack stared into Hunter's eyes, giving him the puppy dogs eyes or in this case baby bird eyes, pleading with him to reconsider.

"Flapjack I..." Hunter tried to be strong but he couldn't help it. "Fine you can come with me, but you have to stay in the bag at all times." Flapjack tweeted happily in victory. The time was now 6:30 so Hunter grabbed his things and walked out the door.

As he was walking down the halls he passed Steve. "Good luck at school today Hunter."

Hunter smiled. "Thanks Steve."

Steve patted himself on the back. "Appreciation for Steve."

Hunter loved how he always talked about himself in the 3rd person. It was a little strange but in a good way.

Hunter left the castle and began his walk to Hexside which shouldn't take that long, as Hunter was used to rather long walks.

Once he finally got there the nerves started to settle in. There were students flying around on brooms outside, others students messing around with their magic, some students just full on running around and screaming. Hunter was not very happy to be associated with them.

He stepped inside the building and pulled out the schedule one of the guards had dropped off for him. His first class was potions, so he tried to navigate where that was. It wasn't too hard seeing as it was a main coven class.

Hunter was the first one there, probably seeing as he is 10 minutes early before the bell rings. Hunter didn't intend on spying too much on the Human yet, he needed to ease into his environment first.

Eventually the bell rang and students started pouring into class. The teacher didn't seem very enthusiastic to be teaching. Neither did any of the students to be learning. Hunter barely payed attention all class as he was focused on coming up with ways he could win over the human's trust.