Beware the Emperor

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

Hunter was freaking out. He was sitting down in science and trying not to scream or run out of the classroom. Edric was dreaming...about me!!! Well not about me me, just the Golden Guard. Holy Shit!!!! Does he like the Golden Guard, is that why he's always flirting?

Hunter didn't know what to think right now, he would probably discuss it with Flapjack later, but right now he had science work he needed to finish. The work was easy, it was just pairing certain demons to certain specifics, Hunter had read a book on it once.

It was a long worksheet so it ended up taking up the whole class. When the bell rang he idmediatly ran out of the class, wanting to hurriedly get home to talk with Flapjack. He also wanted to make sure he didn't encounter Edric at all costs. He wasn't sure if he could face him right now, he would probably be a blushing mess. Plus he did kinda leave Edric hanging before when he left.

Hunter ran out of the school and started running back home. It took him 10 minutes and then he made it to the castle. He walked in and ran up to his room. He idmediatly slammed the door, waking Flapjack up from his slumber.

Flapjack flew over to him and perched on his his shoulder. Hunter sighed and sat down on his bed. "I'm in deep shit Flapjack, I-i think Edric might like the Golden Guard." Flapjack tilted his head in a questioning way.

"Yes I know that I'm the Golden Guard, but he doesn't know that. He can't like me, it's too dangerous for him, besides I don't even like him back, we did just meet like a few days ago. In all the factual books I've read, love doesn't work like that." Hunter justified everything that was happening. He didn't fully believe everything he was saying but it was a good distraction from what could possibly be the truth.

Suddenly a knock on the door dropped Hunter from his thoughts. Flapjack idmediatly flew to his hiding place, he knows the drill. Suddenly a voice rang out. "Um hey Hunter, the Emperor wants you, he said it's important." It was Steve, Steve was usually the main guard to talk to him, he was really the only one that was nice to him.

"Ok Steve be down in a sec."

"Um actually sir, I was told to escort you there, Belos' orders."

Shit! This really is serious. But what could it be about.

Fuck....

Did Belos see the video?

No he couldn't of he doesn't have Penstagram, right...?

Hunter quickly pictured his uncle sitting in his thrown scrolling through Penstagram and liking random Emperor's coven posts. It honestly seems bizarre, so Hunter tried to reassure himself that it wasn't about Edric.

Hunter swiftly put on his Golden Guard uniform. He then turned to Flapjack and whipsered, "Stay out of sight ok, you know the drill if I'm not back." Flapjack tweeted in agreement with a twinge of worry. Hunter reassured him it would be ok, then he walked out the door. Steve was waiting by the staircase for him.

"Ready to go?"

Hunter nodded. "Yup, I really hope he's not mad at me."

"I don't think he is, he didn't seem overall mad, he just said that the matter is urgent, and it regards you're latest mission."

That didn't really make Hunter feel much better, it all but confirmed that there's a chance he knows about the Edric video. What if he hurts Edric because of it. No he wouldn't, his parents are trusted allies of the Coven.

The pair kept walking until they came up to the Emperor's big door. "Welp this is where I leave you, good luck Hunter."

Hunter nervously smiled. "Thanks Steve, you're the best."