The Owl House

Edric sleepily opened his eyes. He felt himself holding onto something warm against his chest. He figured it was just a pillow and started to close his eyes again until he felt the pillow moving up and down slowly.

Wait pillows don't move.

He opened his eyes and looked down to see Hunter sleeping peacefully in his arms, head nuzzling against his chest. Edric sleepily smiled at the sight, still not entirely sure what was going on, but he didn't care, and drifted back off to sleep.

Around 20 minutes later Hunter started to wake up. When he opened his eyes he was faced with the cotton of a shirt. He looked up and it was Edric's head.

He was cuddling Edric, that's what happened last night.

Hunter jumped up out of the bed, his foot getting caught in the blankets causing him to fall out of the bed on his face. The loud thud and large movement shook Edric awake. He peered down at Hunter's frazzled state on the floor. He giggled a little. "You okay Blondie."

Hunter just groaned in response. "So are we gonna address what happened, or are you too scared that you might catch feelings?" Hunter sprang up at that, red dusted on his cheeks. "Nothing happened! But well, last night you had your arms around me first, I guess we just subconsciously moved in our sleep."
Edric was about to respond but he just shook his head smiling. "Whatever you say Blondie, hey meet me downstairs for breakfast." Edric walked out of his room and walked off to what was presumably the kitchen. Hunter just stood there processing what just happened.

Why was he cuddling Edric? Why didn't Edric care? What did he mean by catch feelings? Would I? Or did I already?

Nah...

I don't like Edric, I can't like Edric this has already been established.

Hunter shrugged to himself then went to his bag to grab his scroll. He had a new message from Darius from about an hour ago. The text read...

"How was your night~ 😏"

Hunter didn't know how to respond so he just said "good".

Hunter put his scroll in his pocket then headed downstairs to join everyone for breakfast. After like 2 minutes of searching the huge mansion he heard voices then followed them into the kitchen. Edric was sitting on the counter eating a beetle muffin, Luz and Amity were sitting on a table bench conversing. Emira and Viney weren't there, so they were probably still asleep. Hunter walked in sleepily walking slowly. Everyone turned to look at him. Hunter sat down in a chair across from Lumity and grabbed one of the muffins that was on the table. Luz smirked at him. "Nice shirt Hunter~" Hunter looked down and realized he was still wearing Edric's Bad Girl Coven shirt. He blushed and crossed his arms over his chest to cover it.

Luz simply smiled and then took a sip of her drink. "Soooo Hunter....how was the pull out?" Edric choked on the coffee his was drinking and Hunter stared at her confused. "I'm sorry the what?" Luz looked at Amity who was shaking her head then at Hunter. "The sofa."

Ohhhhh that's what pull out means.

"Oh I didn't sleep on the sofa." Hunter said it so innocently. Darius was really going to need to have the talk with him.

Now it was Luz's turn to choke on her drink. "Oh, you guys shared a bed."

Hunter nodded and Edric sipped his coffee very loudly staring off in a different direction. Soon Emira came in and sat next to Amity. She explained how Viney was still sleeping and she didn't want to disturb her because she looked "so cute and peaceful." Edric sat next to Hunter and they starting talking about who knows what. Emira leaned over and whispered to Amity. "Ed hasn't mentioned the Golden Guard at all these two days, you think he's finally realizing his thing for Hunter?" Amity shrugged.